Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Light Show: Custom Show Creation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who followed all the instruction and still unable to play the custom light (like me).
Follow this step:
Plug your USB in glovebox and reformat USB drive under "Safety" ->Insert USB Drive to enable Dashcam -> Format USB Drive
Take out USB and plug it in your computer
Delete TeslaCam Folder
Transfer the "Lightshow" folder that includes lightshow.fseq and lightnow.mp3 or lightshow.wav
Plug the USB in the glove box and try the lightshow

Reactions: K5TRX
For those who followed all the instruction and still unable to play the custom light (like me).
Follow this step:
Plug your USB in glovebox and reformat USB drive under "Safety" ->Insert USB Drive to enable Dashcam -> Format USB Drive
Delete TeslaCam Folder
Transfer the "Lightshow" folder that includes lightshow.fseq and lightnow.mp3 or lightshow.wav
Tell me how to play one of these.

Last edited:
Tell me how to play one of these.

On that web site there are only the sequence files (for example, the first one contains a file "Donauwalzer - Emanuel Huber.fseq").
When you download that file you rename it to "lightshow.fseq" but you still need the audio file. An easy way to find those audio files is to use your favorite search engine - like Bing - and type in something like "johann strauss donau mp3".

Sharing the sequence file is without much risk but sharing the audio file can cause legal trouble due to publishing and copyrights. This is why you often only find the sequence file.

On that web site there are only the sequence files (for example, the first one contains a file "Donauwalzer - Emanuel Huber.fseq").
When you download that file you rename it to "lightshow.fseq" but you still need the audio file. An easy way to find those audio files is to use your favorite search engine - like Bing - and type in something like "johann strauss donau mp3".

Sharing the sequence file is without much risk but sharing the audio file can cause legal trouble due to publishing and copyrights. This is why you often only find the sequence file.
Thanks, seems a little strange they don't include the audio file. I want to recored the Krypton and Glory Glory to ole GA for my brother in law. I found the audio file but it is only 25s and the Lightshow is 1m:11s. Will it just repeat play (4.x times) the audio file and wonder if it will match? Also for Lightshows that are shorter than the MP3 will it just truncate to audio file?

EDIT: Consider my questions rhetorical since I will try it later this afternoon.;)

Last edited:
Thanks, seems a little strange they don't include the audio file. I want to recored the Krypton and Glory Glory to ole GA for my brother in law. I found the audio file but it is only 25s and the Lightshow is 1m:11s. Will it just repeat play (4.x times) the audio file and wonder if it will match? Also for Lightshows that are shorter than the MP3 will it just truncate to audio file?

EDIT: Consider my questions rhetorical since I will try it later this afternoon.;)
You could reach out to the actual author and ask him if he is willing to share the audio file with you or point you in the right direction where to obtain it.
His twitter handle is (at)bbalding

Reactions: JulienW
Really? You want them to post copyrighted music files for free? Napster’s been gone for a while now…
Kinda doubt Glory to ole GA is copyrighted PLUS over 99% of the LightShow's that are posted contain MP3's that are copyrighted music. Also the MP3 files used in LightShow's are usually edited and altered so knowing exactly which version, when it starts, accounting for cuts, edits, repeats, matching the tempo and matching the end point with the FSEQ file could be tricky to near impossible? For instance on the LightShow I was interested in is Glory to ole GA fight song (music technically since a "song ain't a song until someone starts singing"🤣🤣) that is usually played live and usually about 20 to 30 seconds. The FSEQ file is 1m:11s. So how do you match these?

Anyway since UGA are the national 🏈champions 🏈 you can hear it (and free to download) from UGA for yourself.

Last edited:
FYI. Looks like there where about 30 LightShows added yesterday bringing the total to over 200. We really need a way of adding multiple shows per USB Drive.

Follow this step:
Delete TeslaCam Folder
Will it work if i plug the usb stick in the console port, rather than the glovebox? i still would like to use the teslacam usb and the lightshow at the same time. thanks!

Sorry spoke too soon since I don't have the glovebox USB. My instructions say you can't have teslacam USB inserted, thus my bad assumption.
No worries. But to answer my own question, yes, it does work for the custom lightshow in the USB stick plugged into the console port, while the teslacam usb stick remains plugged into the glovebox. In other words, it works! Thanks much!!