Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla lighted T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can order my original design lighted front and rear T on Evannex. To match exactly the OEM version, it's two parts -- the arch and T, each of which is lit. The rear T is for all Model S versions, the front for nosecone versions.

But Evannex should have a lighted front T for the Model X and facelift S in a few months. These versions will be face-lit, not side lit, so the entire T and arch are lit from the face.

DSC_7992.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyMartin
Why mess with your electrical system? You warranty will be in jeopardy if these cause any issue ?

Looks goofy too.

Goofy? That's not what people say when they see it. Cool is the word I hear most often.

Warranty in jeopardy? Nonsense. It taps the 12v supply, like any other accessory. Does installing a dash cam threaten your warranty? It taps the 12v side as well.

Having two sources for after market items will in the log run just create a better product. The "T's" produced by TESLA.LIGHTS
are all American made, are a little less in cost then the Asia "T's" and simpler it install. The last difference is that the "T's" made in the USA can de acquired in either CHROME, MULTI-COAT RED or FLAT BALCK. You can also special order a color to match your car.

• Informative
Reactions: SDRick
Go on the website for the Tesla lights.net. They make the same claim that the manufacturer has last day against claims. They play the middle man position. If you tap any 12 volt supply and it causes a problem with any Tesla system they will not touch your car for such an issue.

Goofy? That's not what people say when they see it. Cool is the word I hear most often.

Warranty in jeopardy? Nonsense. It taps the 12v supply, like any other accessory. Does installing a dash cam threaten your warranty? It taps the 12v side as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: Joelc and FlyF4
OK, so some don't like to attach a cool item to their car. Be it the lighted appliqué or the front or rear "T".
To date I have not heard of one person being told that their warranty is void because they added a lighted appliqué or "T".
As for drilling a hole into the trunk, the lighted appliqué requires no holes to be drilled. the front "T" for both the "S" and "X" require no hole in the body of the car. The rear "T" does require a hole as to pass the wires into the trunk. It should be noted the double sided tape holding the "T" to the trunk seals the hole from moisture.

I do believe no one is forcing you to purchase an appliqué or light "T" and surely no one is telling you to drill a hole into the trunk of your Tesla if you own one.

Front and Rear Lighted T's for the Model S are now available at TESLA-LIGHTS.NET
Lighted T's are made in Philadelphia no need to wait. The front or rear T can be ordered in either RED, FLAT BLACK or CHROME.
The front T can be hooked up to the running/head lights or to an RF controller. The RF controller will give you on, off or strobe mode.

Front and Rear Lighted T's for the Model S are now available at TESLA-LIGHTS.NET
Lighted T's are made in Philadelphia no need to wait. The front or rear T can be ordered in either RED, FLAT BLACK or CHROME.
The front T can be hooked up to the running/head lights or to an RF controller. The RF controller will give you on, off or strobe mode.

Are the colors the color of the actual badge? Do you not transfer the existing badge?

@ nobznss If your matching the color of your car then the badge is Aircraft grade aluminum that is painted to match your cars color. That is a special order item, the standard colors are: RED and BLACK. Color adds some cost to the lighted "T". You can get the lighted body and transfer the plastic badge that you have on your car if you want to. The third option is to purchase the Chrome plated light "T" that again is aircraft grade aluminum.

The front and rear lighted "T's" come fully assembled no need to transfer the old badge.

Sorry, I just don't get how this works??
So are you saying that you place the rear T over the top of the T that is already there??
If the Rear T is aircraft aluminum, how does light come through it?? Or does it still come out the side like the old T?
Maybe a Youtube Video or Picture would help me understand.
Anyone else scratching their head on this or am I just an idiot? :)

NO, you take the old plastic "T" off, Then you place the new lighted in in it's place, and hook the yellow, blue and black to the appropriate line.

Yellow for running/park Blue for break and Black is ground. Don't have a video, I'm sure it will come.

Why mess with your electrical system? You warranty will be in jeopardy if these cause any issue ?

Looks goofy too.
Sounds like you are making judgement without seeing or know about it? If you see it in person, you might just change your mind. If done properly, you warranty won't be in jeopardy. Just like many other auto add-ons that wire into the 12 volt system. Not a big deal. Again, it has to be done right.

Reactions: nobznss and Struja
Sorry, I just don't get how this works??
So are you saying that you place the rear T over the top of the T that is already there??
If the Rear T is aircraft aluminum, how does light come through it?? Or does it still come out the side like the old T?
Maybe a Youtube Video or Picture would help me understand.
Anyone else scratching their head on this or am I just an idiot? :)
One thing that confuses people is that there are different suppliers and designs for the lighted T.