Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla like to Rob the British for just some heated seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was interested in the heated seats but I don't think Tesla realise $300 is £230 in our money. That is a huge markup for a software unlock for people here. There are no extra delivery costs involved or shipping taxes? Come one give us a break with this for the all times we have to sort out delivery issues! Poor form Tesla!

robbed.jpg

We are still upset about our tea. :)

Think about it this way, if they produced the seats without heating elements, it would be more than 200 pounds to add (price to the consumer) seats that did. Whether or not the hardware is there is irrelevant. Tesla takes all the risk of adding those heating elements, paying extra without charging for them.

Think about it this way, if they produced the seats without heating elements, it would be more than 200 pounds to add (price to the consumer) seats that did. Whether or not the hardware is there is irrelevant. Tesla takes all the risk of adding those heating elements, paying extra without charging for them.

Yep I get your point and the Tea is always in mind. Fancy one now tbh :). I agree that in the scheme of things like costs of it all, its already there so hard to compare. I would assume its cheaper to do this than have several variants of seats. But when it comes down to it, its the same product for all and I didn't expect upgrade options to also play the market in what it can get away with rather than the same for all from from a decent US conversion :D. Fantasy maybe good will is seen as even better.

I was interested in the heated seats but I don't think Tesla realise $300 is £230 in our money. That is a huge markup for a software unlock for people here. There are no extra delivery costs involved or shipping taxes? Come one give us a break with this for the all times we have to sort out delivery issues! Poor form Tesla!

View attachment 511418

They're doing this in a scramble for money to improve 2020Q1 results, so don't be surprised.

But, VAT is 20%. US price excludes sales tax.
230 x 1.2 = 276.

They're doing this in a scramble for money to improve 2020Q1 results, so don't be surprised.

But, VAT is 20%. US price excludes sales tax.
230 x 1.2 = 276.

So on checkout sales tax is added to the $300?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
This happens when there's some group of all-knowing software developers out there who've established the illusion of being completely infallible, so asking basic questions like "what currency should this be in?" is grounds to rip someone to shreds.

Then, they decide to build a factory. Their culture requires shunning the "idiots" who've been doing this for decades. Good, free advice goes unheeded. They themselves don't even own a set of screwdrivers, but they know better. Before they realize it, they've pissed away hundreds of millions of dollars and are assembling cars in glorified tents. Nothing works as intended, problems abound, the head of the company sleeps on a couch in the conference room. Everything has to be done twice before things finally get running. Barely.

But avoiding the risk of asking questions made it all totally worth it.

Tesla sells a well configured car. Includes lots of desirable features.

Some want to buy that car a little cheaper, so Tesla offers the same car, but with some of the features turned off for less cost. They get less profit by doing so, but figure they might make it up by additional volume. Industry calls this decontenting. Most other manufacturers simply take out those extra items, to save them some costs and increase profits that way.

Of course, many customers want those items thrown in for free, but still buy the car for the lower cost. Doesn't work that way.

This happens when there's some group of all-knowing software developers out there who've established the illusion of being completely infallible, so asking basic questions like "what currency should this be in?" is grounds to rip someone to shreds.

Then, they decide to build a factory. Their culture requires shunning the "idiots" who've been doing this for decades. Good, free advice goes unheeded. They themselves don't even own a set of screwdrivers, but they know better. Before they realize it, they've pissed away hundreds of millions of dollars and are assembling cars in glorified tents. Nothing works as intended, problems abound, the head of the company sleeps on a couch in the conference room. Everything has to be done twice before things finally get running. Barely.

Where can we buy the EV you are making?

View attachment 511418
Geez even your FSD is marked up to $7,550 equivalent.

Reactions: CertLive

View attachment 511418

So every car mfg that has an issue with their car or service, should give free products or services away to compensate ?
Can’t happen. No one can afford that on a regular basis, because manufacturing and services will ALWAYS have problems. It’s a given.
A new company, with a leading edge car like Tesla even more so.
If you have no tolerance for the issues that can surround a new product from a new company, you’ve likely made a bad purchasing decision.

Microsoft’s first operating system was loaded with issues.
Initial smart phones were also loaded with issues.
How many here got free stuff from Microsoft Apple, or iPhone ??
I’ve never received anything from BMW, Ford, or Jeep, every single time they messed up. Which was always.
And they were established.

So every car mfg that has an issue with their car or service, should give free products or services away to compensate ?
Can’t happen. No one can afford that on a regular basis, because manufacturing and services will ALWAYS have problems. It’s a given.
A new company, with a leading edge car like Tesla even more so.
If you have no tolerance for the issues that can surround a new product from a new company, you’ve likely made a bad purchasing decision.

Microsoft’s first operating system was loaded with issues.
Initial smart phones were also loaded with issues.
How many here got free stuff from Microsoft Apple, or iPhone ??
I’ve never received anything from BMW, Ford, or Jeep, every single time they messed up. Which was always.
And they were established.
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. That being said, it’s not like Tesla doesn’t have a history of giving away stuff to appease folks pre-3 but then again their average car also cost 2x then what it is now.

I guarantee “software developers” are not setting the price. They might be involved with conversions, but I’m sure formulas are dictated from the bean counters as well.