Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla limiting maximum charge at busy Supercharger locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Electrek, Tesla is rolling out a maximum charge limit of 80% at busy supercharger locations.
I just used the San Carlos,CA charger and was only allowed 80%. I don’t really have any issues with it, but why am I only allowed 80% when I need a full charge, and I’m the only Tesla charging at the station (it’s 6am)? I can see if it was full but why are we limited if there is no demand at that moment?

I just used the San Carlos,CA charger and was only allowed 80%. I don’t really have any issues with it, but why am I only allowed 80% when I need a full charge, and I’m the only Tesla charging at the station (it’s 6am)? I can see if it was full but why are we limited if there is no demand at that moment?

You weren't actually limited. It just defaulted to 80%, you should have been able to adjust it back to 100% if you needed.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
You weren't actually limited. It just defaulted to 80%, you should have been able to adjust it back to 100% if you needed.

Yep. I ran into this a few days ago at the site on the east side of Denver near the airport. It gave the message, but allowed me to drag the slider back to 100%. I didn’t really need the 100% charge since I was just stopping there for a couple minutes to add it to my list of Superchargers, but did want to test out the ability to override the new charging limit. Easy peasy....