Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla LIMO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing this turn up on my Facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjFmM5nLmag

I was wondering when and by who we will see the very first modification of a Model S into a stretched limo.
Gets me wondering what a stretched Model S P85D would do on a bachelors night out going from 0 to 100Km/u in about 4 sec. :biggrin:

Did a quick photoshop myself to get a idea of one:

Tesla Model S P85D LIMO.jpg

What do you guys and girls think?

Attachments

• Tesla Model S P85D LIMO.jpg
    Tesla Model S P85D LIMO.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 3,368
Last edited:
"...and still provide a range of 100 miles or more."

Let's face it: a limousine designed for dignitaries and heads of state is basically going to be a tank on wheels, armored beyond comprehension. So a curb weight of 6,000 lbs - 3 tons - is a likely starting point. I'd not be surprised to see one tip the scales at 8,000 lbs upon completion. As a gas guzzler, managing perhaps 3 MPG, you'd be lucky to see a 150 mile range.

I believe an electric car, purpose built for the application, and aiming to begin service in 2025 could easily eclipse expectations by a wide margin.

I imagine a production version as being a six passenger Pullman with falcon wing doors for those seated in the rear compartment. With a cavernous frunk paired with a deep trunk, cargo capacity would be unrivaled. Dual motor AWD, paired with 220 kWh battery pack would make the run from Malibu to Las Vegas on a single charge at real highway speeds. A top speed of 155 MPH and a 1/4 mile of 10 seconds at 140 MPH would be a must. 0-60 MPH? Well, don't blink.

Once armored up, range and performance would suffer somewhat... But would still be so much more than merely adequate that the vehicle would be a must buy, hands down.

Let's face it: a limousine designed for dignitaries and heads of state is basically going to be a tank on wheels, armored beyond comprehension. So a curb weight of 6,000 lbs - 3 tons - is a likely starting point. I'd not be surprised to see one tip the scales at 8,000 lbs upon completion. As a gas guzzler, managing perhaps 3 MPG, you'd be lucky to see a 150 mile range.
Once armored up, range and performance would suffer somewhat... But would still be so much more than merely adequate that the vehicle would be a must buy, hands down.

I drove for the Belgium government for 13 years with armored limo's, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Skoda. Although they are powerful, because of all the armor on the vehicle they respond slow, was my personal feeling. The inertia of all that weight is not something to forget when driving in a convoy of 20 or 30 cars going at excessive speeds of +100Miles/hour, up close to one another. Of course it helps that the roads are cleared by the cops. :D

As the Model S already has a great safety rating and a armored battery I don't think there need to added that much weight to make it safe for head of states and other VIP's.
With the dual motor now standard it will give a great car control at higher speeds, and as most trips are short (less than 100 miles) the battery should be ok as they are now.

I'm thinking in terms of 'The Beast', an armored limousine currently used by President Obama, due to be replaced in 2025. None of the windows roll down, because the armored glass is four inches thick. The cabin is a completely closed environment, to prevent intrusion from nerve gas or poisons. The car has Cadillac emblems on it, but began life as a modified GMC truck chassis. It is armored to the point of supreme paranoia, and could probably resist multiple strikes from rocket launchers, while laughing at small arms fire. The Model S chassis is safe from typical car accident fatality situations, but not armored to deal with intentional, willful destruction by armor piercing weaponry. That level of protection adds tremendous weight.