Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Live chat support...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave up lookin for that chat ....
I had a need to call support today, and and heard the suggestion in on the national support line this was available too. When I heard 40 minute wait time, I started searching for it while on hold. I found it - not obvious at all, and only available on desktop web browsers it seems (does not show up on Safari or Chrome on the iPhone for example).

On a desktop browser, go to the roadside assistance page Customer Support & Roadside Assistance. You will see in the bottom-right corner a circular chat icon that when clicked will initiate a Live Chat session with customer support.

I was connected with a live Tesla Support team member within a minute - not a chatbot. I was able to get my problem across via chat quickly, and almost as quickly got the unwelcome but not unexpected response that it was an issue in need of hands-on repair and not a software issue. But all that within 10 minutes vs. 40 minute wait time + 10 minutes.

BOOM ... Thank you Tdreamer
image.jpg
I had a need to call support today, and and heard the suggestion in on the national support line this was available too. When I heard 40 minute wait time, I started searching for it while on hold. I found it - not obvious at all, and only available on desktop web browsers it seems (does not show up on Safari or Chrome on the iPhone for example).

On a desktop browser, go to the roadside assistance page Customer Support & Roadside Assistance. You will see in the bottom-right corner a circular chat icon that when clicked will initiate a Live Chat session with customer support.

I was connected with a live Tesla Support team member within a minute - not a chatbot. I was able to get my problem across via chat quickly, and almost as quickly got the unwelcome but not unexpected response that it was an issue in need of hands-on repair and not a software issue. But all that within 10 minutes vs. 40 minute wait time + 10 minutes.

According to Tesla's phone support automated attendant they are now referring customers to their 'new live chat support'. The message says its at www.Tesla.com/support

I can't seem to find it... anyone else?

I can find it but it is not available. When I put cursor in chat, it turns into a red circle with a slash.
I think for now Tesla is giving up on support and spending all its energy shoving cars out the door.
So for now there really is no way to contact a human or any other kind of help. The contact on your support page of your account gets no response. My last note got a reply in over a week and it just asked what did I say. Just gave up. Heatburn

I was on the phone with roadside assistance today and asked him about it - his description was enough for me to find it finally. I think the support page has changed since the earlier posts on this thread.

- Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support
- then bottom of page "Can’t find what you are looking for?" and press Help Center button
- follow the prompt and ask put something in the text box - they want to route you thru a search of the manual first.
- if the search doesn't help, click YES to "Do you need more help?"
- then in the form presented to you, there is a chat button at the bottom

ffs.

Reactions: neroden
I guess Tesla doesn't want to hear from the owners any more. They have made it impossible to contact a real person with any authority. They just say that there's nothing they can do.
I don't know how I am going to go back to the University and say I had to sell my Tesla because of the poor response from the company.