Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla live sentry cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla and app are up to date but for some reason I cannot view live sentry cam video. I have sentry cam turned on and everything and followed the directions on the Tesla website but for some reason ‘View Live Camera via Mobile App’ doesn't appear on my Tesla's settings. Anyone know what to do about this?

Which versions of the car firmware and app do you have? If the Controls > Software screen in the car says your car is up to date, that doesn't mean you have the latest version, it means you have the latest version that Tesla has made available to your specific car.

Tesla has several code branches in the field at a time. (We're all beta testers.)

Also they can take weeks to gradually roll out a new release while they watch for problems -- although I don't know how they do that without a feedback channel other than telemetry.

There's a thread about "not getting updates in AGES". Its first post explains the situation. No need to read the rest of the thread. I'm having trouble finding it and search isn't working on my phone.

My Tesla and app are up to date but for some reason I cannot view live sentry cam video. I have sentry cam turned on and everything and followed the directions on the Tesla website but for some reason ‘View Live Camera via Mobile App’ doesn't appear on my Tesla's settings. Anyone know what to do about this?
I am also missing the ‘View Live Camera via Mobile App' setting. I have the latest Tesla iOS app and my MS was updated to 2021.44.6 last night. I have Premium Connectivity. I did a force-restart on the Tesla but nothing changed.

Where did you read it was a hardware limitation? As far as I know, Tesla hasn’t said why the older S/X doesn’t have Sentry Live View yet, or that it isn’t coming.
In a thread I was debating someone who said they couldn't get it and it wasn't in the release notes. A couple of other S owners confirmed. Look in your release notes and see if you see it listed. If it is not listed then it is not available to you.

IMG_9477.jpeg

Last edited:
In a thread I was debating someone who said they couldn't get it and it wasn't in the release notes. A couple of other S owners confirmed. Look in your release notes and see if you see it listed. If it is not listed then it is available to you.
You misunderstood my question. I know the feature is not currently available for the pre-refresh S/X, but where did you hear that was due to a hardware limitation or that the older S/X wouldn’t get the feature later? I haven’t read that anywhere other than speculation in this forum, but if you have a source for that info I’d like to know.

You misunderstood my question. I know the feature is not currently available for the pre-refresh S/X, but where did you hear that was due to a hardware limitation or that the older S/X wouldn’t get the feature later? I haven’t read that anywhere other than speculation in this forum, but if you have a source for that info I’d like to know.
True it was only speculation on their part. I agree it doesn't make sense BUT......Why is it available on all cars except the non refreshed S/X yet? If it is not already available what would make you think Tesla is going to (be able) to add it in the future? They have not said this either.

My original intent was to answer yoyodyne question. And the short answer is it is not available. That is NOT speculation.

Maybe has to do with camera retrofit upgrade they’ve mentioned recently
That’s for pre-HW2.5 cars. Newer S/X‘s already have the upgraded cameras. My 2018 S has the same cameras, MCU, and AP computer as my wife’s 2018 3, which is why I don’t think it’s a hardware limitation. The Tesla release notes for this feature mention Model S and X but don’t say 2021+ like they do for other features that are only available on the refreshed cars, so I’m betting that my S will get the feature eventually.

Reactions: Hbrink