As my production date approaches, I am about to apply for financing. Hoping to take advantage of the current low-rate financing offered by Tesla. However, I haven't decided yet what to do about the trade-in. I have an initial trade-in offer from Tesla, but I think I can do way better by selling my old car privately, though this may take some time. My plan is to try selling it over the next two-three weeks, while I am waiting for my Model S, and if I fail to sell it, then I'll go the trade-in route. I'd say it's 50/50. So, with that in mind, what would be better: to apply for financing without mentioning the trade-in, and then try adding the trade-in at the last moment, or to apply with the trade-in in play and then to refuse the trade-in at the last moment (in case I do sell the car)? Which last-minute change would be easier to implement? Did anyone have to change the trade-in arrangement at the last moment? Was that easy to do? Thanks!