TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by T3slaMecca, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. rdlink

rdlink Member

I got matched today. LS originally approved me at 3.69% unsecured. SDMCU offered me 2.49% secured. LS did the beat. 2.39% unsecured. Finalized the loan. Funding via ACH into my checking account on 9/24. Tesla delivery appt on 9/28.

2. timk225

timk225 Active Member

No Bethpage FCU on the list? They gave me 2.79% on 45K.

3. Big-T

Big-T Member

Thank you Khoa, this couldn't have come at better time, I'm just starting to look for a loan. I see you have a comment about about Federal Choice Credit union

Now I can't qualify for a membership, but I see you say you can do the 2.49% rate without a membership? Can you (or anyone) tell me how that works? I just apply online without a membership and that's it?

Thanks in advance!

FedChoice 2.49% 72 $523.83 $748.33 $823.16 $898.00 Washington DC Rates | FedChoice Federal Credit Union Membership Eligibility - Join FedChoice | FedChoice Federal Credit Union Strict
    1.49% if you're a new member (must be in DC-Metro Area) but you can get their regular rate w/o membership

4. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

Congrats, and thanks for sharing your success!

Bethpage looks easy to qualify, I may have to add it.

Instead of applying for membership first, I think what was meant was to just apply directly to the loan to skip the membership phase(but you still need to qualify). Let us know how it goes regardless so we can share your experience with others!

5. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

6. hotony13

hotony13 Member

7. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

It looks easy, they have an "Unspecified" category in the eligibility requirements, can you give it a try and let me know? If you can, apply directly for the loan and skip the membership.

8. Big-T

Big-T Member

#48 Big-T, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    The site's running extremely slow..getting timeout errors

EDIT, eventually got it to go thru, with a confirmation number I'll report back.

9. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

Just added ActorsFCU -- has amazing rates: Auto Loans - Actors FCU + there's an additional .25% reduction if you autodebit.

Might have significant loops though:
    May require 10% of loan in a savings account, must open savings first, be a member of a listed organization, auto debit has .25% off basic rate, found free to join org: Songwriters Guild of America

Eligibility link: Who We Are - Actors FCU

Your 48 month loan could be 1.34% after auto debit

10. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

Just added InsightCU really easy to join, just make $25 donation to any of their organization.. 2.15% up to 72 months

11. SKRGO

SKRGO Member

#51 SKRGO, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018

My Credit Union Fairwinds Credit Union in Central Florida blew away all other rates including Tesla, when I purchased my MS.

Please add them to your list.

Let's steer you in the right direction.

Note the 36 month special at .89% :D

• Like x 1
  12. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

Wow! Added to the list, definitely blew me away too.. the membership looks strict.. thank you!

13. Iroh

Iroh Member

Hi RNateG,

I called Aspire FCU a few mins back and the person answering the call had no idea about the green car discount.
    I'm not seeing this discount mentioned anywhere on their website either.
    Do you have some more info that i can use to gt this rate discount?

Thanks,
    Iroh.

14. Qzic

Qzic Member

How did you get the match with LS? What information did you need to provide from SDMCU? I got approved for 2.49% from SDMCU but only have screenshots from the website saying I was approved and what the application terms were (amount and duration), not the rate. I am also approved with LS, but there is no phone number and I haven't received any answers to my emails to LS.

I got matched yesterday and my delivery is scheduled for the day after tomorrow, so I'm rushing through things.

15. rdlink

rdlink Member

Already replied to your PM. So the message on their website doesn't have the rate? My approval was in the form of a message on their website. I created a PDF of that message, and sent it to LS. The only way you're going to get LS to match is if you have documentation of the approval that shows the length, amount and APR of the SDMCU rate.

LS's phone number is 866.635.1330. If you call them and tell them you want a match they will tell you to send in the documentation, and that may make things go quicker once they have it. But that documentation from SDMCU is key. It's the only golden ticket that will work.

16. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

#56 T3slaMecca, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    I found a really old link about the green car discount (2011 though): Go Green to Get Green | Aspire Federal Credit Union

Note that the credit union has 2.5* on yelp and may have untrained staff according to reviews: Aspire Federal Credit Union - Clark, NJ

pinging @RandomNateGuy

17. oracleicom

oracleicom Member

Do you have to become a member first (i.e. donate first) before applying? Or can you apply first?

18. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

I believe you'll have to donate first then apply the membership with proof of your donation.

19. rlb4

rlb4 Member

Does anyone know if Insight requires the VIN? Also, how long is the approval good for? Thanks.

20. Qzic

Qzic Member

Insight might not have as great of a rate. I started the application process since it was listed at only 2.15%, but on one of the first disclosures it said that the rates were effective as of June 15, 2018. So they probably went up since then. If you do apply through Insight, let us know the rate you get.
    Auto Loans | RV Loans | Boat Loans | Insight Credit Union