Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my loan from Fairwinds CU.
- 36m 0.89% or 48m 1.45% (need to open a checking account to qualify for discounted rate). I took the 36-month one;
- I am from CA. Join the LionNation club (the free level was sufficient for me) to qualify for Fairwinds membership.

Highly recommend Fairwinds. Approval was very fast, great service!

Went with Fairwinds as well but took the 1.45%/48 month term. Looks like they pulled equifax credit and 750+ should get you to 1.70% then a .25% reduction with auto-pay from their checking account. Very easy to work with.

Thank you Mecca and others for your contributions to this thread!

Reactions: T3slaMecca
Went with Fairwinds as well but took the 1.45%/48 month term. Looks like they pulled equifax credit and 750+ should get you to 1.70% then a .25% reduction with auto-pay from their checking account. Very easy to work with.

I just applied with Fairwinds but they are saying I need to live or work in Central Florida...any idea? I live in NY. Thanks

"Fairwinds has received an online auto loan application however, you would need to live or work in Central Florida in order to qualify for membership and typically we need 20% cash down. Please advise"

Update on CCFCU. As I suspected, my rental property income as well as debt on rental homes slowed down the process. I did get verbal confirmation today that my 2.5% loan will finalize on Monday. I’ve adjusted my delivery to Wednesday morning.

FYI for all CCFCU car loans... they don’t allow you to finance the taxes and registration. So my loan is for the sticker price plus destination fees. I did get EAP and FSD. Those were included in the loan as well. Good luck with everyone.

One last thought... I do think CCFCU was hesitant to fund me not just because of my income but because they’ve had to cancel too many loans they started with people who cancelled. Once I let them know my car has arrived and I’m not rate shopping, things went from being in stall mode to making the loan happen.

Just FYI guys, seems to me that Tesla is pushing hard for new deliveries to do a Tesla rate match right now. I know they started offering it a little while back but for my upcoming delivery they were kinda aggressively putting it out there. Maybe to just get the deliveries quickly right now without any financing hiccups.

Interestingly, only require a pre approval letter. I have one from Clearpath and had every intention of going through the process to get Lightstream to beat it. BUT what they do is approve you for the regular rate (3.84% with US Bank for 60 month), and they just send you a check for the difference in interest amount, they say 4-6 weeks.

I really don't want to be putting things in Tesla's hands right now for them to send ME money, especially after hearing about the early lease return fiascos, but it is way way less of a hassle than trying to get a rate beat from Lightstream since they assure me the pre-approval is enough. And I would never actually use Clearpath that place is a joke. So I'm gonna go with Tesla and wait patiently for the check.

Let's see if the check actually comes at that point. The Tesla loan was approved in literally 30 min after I clicked submit online.

Anyways, picking the car up tomorrow! Ordered it this Tuesday. LR MSM with white, Orange County. Total impulse buy, and they seem ready for the last minute shoppers (at lease on inventory, not in manpower).

Thanks for whoever found out about this CU. I too got 1.70% for 48 months.

Can you guys tell me, whether you opened the Checking Account afterwards to get additional .25% off? OR
Do I need to wait until loan office contacts me?

I just applied with Fairwinds but they are saying I need to live or work in Central Florida...any idea? I live in NY. Thanks

"Fairwinds has received an online auto loan application however, you would need to live or work in Central Florida in order to qualify for membership and typically we need 20% cash down. Please advise"

I applied over the phone...I would call them. Be sure to get your Lion Nation soccor club member number first. They did ask for it.

Thanks for whoever found out about this CU. I too got 1.70% for 48 months.

Can you guys tell me, whether you opened the Checking Account afterwards to get additional .25% off? OR
Do I need to wait until loan office contacts me?

I went ahead and opened a checking account. Great part is they don't require direct deposit, just auto pay from the checking account to get the .25% off.

Tesla is now rate matching for deliveries before 12/31/2018 PDF: http://bit.ly/TeslaRateMatch

Document print screen:
upload_2018-12-17_11-5-25.png

FWIW, I just picked up my M3 on Saturday. I had planned to do clearpath - lightstream match, but Tesla said they'll "match" by refunding the difference. Specifically asked if pre-approval letter only would be enough to do it (I'm not an existing member of the CU), and they said yes. So I went with it since it would be a hassle to get a full approval for the lightstream rate beat. Took my pre-approval letter from Clearpath when I went to pick up the car, but they said to just email it to a specific email within 7 days. I did that it earlier this morning, and I just now same day got confirmation that the ratematch was approved for 1.99% based on just the PRE-APPROVAL letter (not full approval) and the check in the amount of the difference in interest will be mailed to me within 6 weeks.

So the "terms" as posted above say no pre-approval letters, but I was told on the phone they do and mine went through with just the pre-approval.

• Love
Reactions: T3slaMecca
FWIW, I just picked up my M3 on Saturday. I had planned to do clearpath - lightstream match, but Tesla said they'll "match" by refunding the difference. Specifically asked if pre-approval letter only would be enough to do it (I'm not an existing member of the CU), and they said yes. So I went with it since it would be a hassle to get a full approval for the lightstream rate beat. Took my pre-approval letter from Clearpath when I went to pick up the car, but they said to just email it to a specific email within 7 days. I did that it earlier this morning, and I just now same day got confirmation that the ratematch was approved for 1.99% based on just the PRE-APPROVAL letter (not full approval) and the check in the amount of the difference in interest will be mailed to me within 6 weeks.

So the "terms" as posted above say no pre-approval letters, but I was told on the phone they do and mine went through with just the pre-approval.
Thanks for reporting, very helpful, will note this on the spreadsheet to let others know.

Reactions: tchockie

Are you a member of clear path? Or how did you go about getting the pre approval letter. Looking to do the same. My delivery is set for Thursday which only leaves me tomorrow to figure this out. Any tips?

Are you a member of clear path? Or how did you go about getting the pre approval letter. Looking to do the same. My delivery is set for Thursday which only leaves me tomorrow to figure this out. Any tips?

Not a member. Just applied online, and I was pre-approved the next day. Had to call a few times to get the actual letter though. They have some serious issues with staffing tho so they're clearly understaffed. But you do have up to 7 days after you take delivery to submit a letter for the rate match so I would start the application process with whatever bank you want and get a letter within that time frame without delaying your delivery.

Congrats and gluck

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, and I was able to switch from Third Party Loan to Tesla Loan, apply / get approved, and get my lower rate approved through the match email all this morning in the span of a few hours. It appears if you reach out early enough, even the day before delivery, the email address ([email protected]) will be able to switch your loan terms to match a third party prior to finalization (so no need to wait for a check).

Screen_Shot_2018-12-18_at_9_31_20_AM.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018-12-18_at_9_33_14_AM.jpg

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, and I was able to switch from Third Party Loan to Tesla Loan, apply / get approved, and get my lower rate approved through the match email all this morning in the span of a few hours. It appears if you reach out early enough, even the day before delivery, the email address ([email protected]) will be able to switch your loan terms to match a third party prior to finalization (so no need to wait for a check).

View attachment 361951

View attachment 361950
I thought Tesla doesn't offer anything other than 72 months. How did you get a rate match to 60 months?

View attachment 361951

View attachment 361950
Which bank gave this rate?

View attachment 361951

View attachment 361950

The same thing happened to me. I was a bit disappointed-- I'd have rather had the check since you'd come out ahead if you didn't keep the loan for the full term!

Status
Not open for further replies.