Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ElliottG @amoeba
Can you answer some of these questions?

1. Do you know how strict they are with joining?
2. How many days do their quotes last? 30/60?
3. Do they finance 100% of the car cost?

1. I live in LA so not sure how strict they are if you live outside the area.
2. The pre-approval is good for 30 days (before they would want to re-run the credit check) but they said they don't hold the rate at all so even within those 30 days the rate can go up on you.
3. Yes they will finance 100% of the cost. Initially they wanted to only cover 90% but when I asked to cover it all, they said they would need copies of recent pay-stubs to verify income. It seems like that was only because I was financing the entire thing.

Reactions: T3slaMecca
OP: nice work !

I was curious how you wrote the spreadsheet.
Now I have learned one bit of lingo -- to 'scrape' web pages ;-)
I also very superficially now know about the input functions,
And get the XPATH or regEx qualifiers

While looking for more examples I came across the help you provided in a stackOverflow question ... using this spreadsheet's code LOL

Anyway, it was a nice way to spend an hour to start learning a very useful skill. THANKS

Reactions: T3slaMecca
But many of these credit unions are not open to everyone right?

Is the algorithm to call each of them and talk about eligibility? Is there a short list of those with open availability?

For most of the credit unions you can see what organization you can be a member of to be eligible. So, just as an example if they allow a fitness company eligibility, so in turn, you join that fitness center and then you are eligible to now be a member.

Best auto loan rates I have found (must qualify to be a Pentagon Federal member)
2.49% 36 mos $500 - $100,000

3.24% 48 mos $7,500 - $100,000

Check at penfed.org

In a tangentially related topic, over a week ago, I called to get VIN and was given one verbally (wanted to apply for my loan) because Tesla said my car was "enroute to port" (in this case Boston), with a tentative delivery of Sept 12. Strangely though (or perhaps not!) the VIN is still not listed on my webpage and no calls or anything to set up a delivery date...

Update on Aspire Federal Credit Union. I got financed at 1.99% 2 weeks ago. But, sorry to report that...I just emailed my contact there to see if it was a promotional rate or what. She just got back to me:

"Unfortunately, the rate has increased to 2.99% since you applied."

Please add GEFCU (Vehicle Loans | GEFCU) to the list.
  • 0-36 months....as low as 2.05% A.P.R.
  • 37-48 months....as low as 2.15% A.P.R.
  • 49-60 months....as low as 2.25% A.P.R.
  • 61-72 months....as low as 2.35% A.P.R.
  • 73-84 months....as low as 4.25% A.P.R.
Enabling auto pay (via ACH) yields a 0.25% discount.

Membership is easy. Had to open an account - min balance required : $ 5.
The loan office I'm working with has mentioned that they've worked with Tesla before & know "the process".
This is important for Texans, as we have to pre-pay before Tesla ships the car.

They query Equifax for credit check - for folks that keep their credit locked/frozen.

Just checked with them. You need to be there in person to open an account. They don't currently do online/phone memberships. You basically have to be living in Austin to use this credit union.

Please add GEFCU (Vehicle Loans | GEFCU) to the list.
  • 0-36 months....as low as 2.05% A.P.R.
  • 37-48 months....as low as 2.15% A.P.R.
  • 49-60 months....as low as 2.25% A.P.R.
  • 61-72 months....as low as 2.35% A.P.R.
  • 73-84 months....as low as 4.25% A.P.R.
Enabling auto pay (via ACH) yields a 0.25% discount.

Membership is easy. Had to open an account - min balance required : $ 5.
The loan office I'm working with has mentioned that they've worked with Tesla before & know "the process".
This is important for Texans, as we have to pre-pay before Tesla ships the car.

They query Equifax for credit check - for folks that keep their credit locked/frozen.

Good afternoon all! -

Just starting on the car loan quest for our 2nd Tesla. a Dual Motor M3. We've only ever had one other car loan, so don't consider ourselves well versed on the ins-&-outs of loan shopping.....

Looking at this spreadsheet, we see that Lifestream, for example, is listed several times with different (and appealing) rates. Can anyone explain why this is? Also, when we clicked on the "Rate Link" for same, the listed rates were considerably higher than in the spreadsheet? Any help appreciated! If we can't figure it out, we'll probably be back to checking out Navy Fed Credit Union or another credit union locally.

Again, any help/guidance appreciated - thanks!

Good afternoon all! -

Just starting on the car loan quest for our 2nd Tesla. a Dual Motor M3. We've only ever had one other car loan, so don't consider ourselves well versed on the ins-&-outs of loan shopping.....

Looking at this spreadsheet, we see that Lifestream, for example, is listed several times with different (and appealing) rates. Can anyone explain why this is? Also, when we clicked on the "Rate Link" for same, the listed rates were considerably higher than in the spreadsheet? Any help appreciated! If we can't figure it out, we'll probably be back to checking out Navy Fed Credit Union or another credit union locally.

Again, any help/guidance appreciated - thanks!

Lifestream's normal rate is high. What they offer is beating competitor's rate by 0.1% which is why you always see them with the lowest rate.

Best auto loan rates I have found (must qualify to be a Pentagon Federal member)
2.49% 36 mos $500 - $100,000

3.24% 48 mos $7,500 - $100,000

Check at penfed.org

In a tangentially related topic, over a week ago, I called to get VIN and was given one verbally (wanted to apply for my loan) because Tesla said my car was "enroute to port" (in this case Boston), with a tentative delivery of Sept 12. Strangely though (or perhaps not!) the VIN is still not listed on my webpage and no calls or anything to set up a delivery date...

Check out the spreadsheet, you'll find lower rates. I'm also a penfed member (anyone can join via donation) but I didn't go with them because better rates are available.

I'm in the SF Bay Area and so far I'm striking out on joining any of these credit unions that's offering a good rate in the mid to low 2s. Anyone have any suggestion? I'm taking delivery this Sunday.

Looks like best bet is Allegacy at 2.29% for 66 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.