Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it take them to process the membership application and loan? I put a deposit down Saturday and am planning to pick up Thursday...not sure if that gives me enough time.
I tried that last week and their reply was: the Arts Council updated their terms recently to limit only local patrons can join Riverland. So at least for me, this in essence eliminated anyone out of area to be eligible to open Riverland FCU. It took them 5 days to respond with multiple phone calls to verify but in the end this is the answer I got.

Did it show 4.25% before you went through the application?

I found a local credit union that offers 1.99% but only on a refinance, which is obnoxious.

It did show 4.25% on application prior to submitting personal information. I am guessing that rate is the highest you would be charged if approved. I also elected to not put down anything extra - just the 2500 reservation amount. It shows valid for 30 days not sure what happens if Tesla can’t deliver in that timeframe.

Deciding between PenFed at 2.49, SCCU at 1.89, and Andrews FCU at 2.39 for 36 months.
Going with the lowest would be a no brainer, problem is the reviews for both SCCU and Andrews FCU are absolutely terrible. They also seem substantially smaller than PenFed.
I just don't want to risk my info leaking out due to bad security measures or having incompetent people process my loan app.
Need to decide if the higher interest rate is worth a bit more piece of mind.
Any advice?

I got denied from lightstream's rate beat program after I emailed them a secured loan offer from another CU. They said they updated their rate beat terms so that they will only match competitors rates that is also Unsecured Loan. Any suggestions for a workaround?

Watch the lack of gap insurance depending on how much you finance. You cannot have GAP with light stream. Also how much are you really saving with .1 %?

Deciding between PenFed at 2.49, SCCU at 1.89, and Andrews FCU at 2.39 for 36 months.
Going with the lowest would be a no brainer, problem is the reviews for both SCCU and Andrews FCU are absolutely terrible. They also seem substantially smaller than PenFed.
I just don't want to risk my info leaking out due to bad security measures or having incompetent people process my loan app.
Need to decide if the higher interest rate is worth a bit more piece of mind.
Any advice?
I have had nothing but great experience with PenFed.
Robin

Hi everyone,

This community has helped me tremendously on my Model 3 ownership journey and I thought I'd give back with this spreadsheet.

This spreadsheet pulls rates directly from the credit union's website hourly, so you're always getting the latest rates, because as you know, they change quite often these days!

The loan comparison google spreadsheet: Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Auto Update Rates

How to use the spreadsheet youtube (best viewed in 1080p): Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Updates Hourly

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the spreadsheet easier to use.

For now, this spreadsheet only contains US credit unions but if you know of great rates in other countries, let me know and I'll add it.

My mission is to help anyone who's interested in buying a Tesla or EVs -- let's all help each other out!

Blessings,
Khoa

I got a rate of 3.09% from Baxter credit union for 72 months for a loan of 48,500 at 740 a month approx.

People should look into if their company has a credit union. I used my father's Fedex Employee Credit Association to get 60mo.@ 2.49%.

That was the best i could find in Washington by a long shot! To make it even better, I bought a used 2018 model and it still qualified as New for interest rates- maybe this is a common thing for year old models but I was surprised as it's my first time financing.

Reactions: bewilderman
People should look into if their company has a credit union. I used my father's Fedex Employee Credit Association to get 60mo.@ 2.49%.

That was the best i could find in Washington by a long shot! To make it even better, I bought a used 2018 model and it still qualified as New for interest rates- maybe this is a common thing for year old models but I was surprised as it's my first time financing.

I am a FedEx employee and was wondering if the FECA advertised rate for 2.99@72mo was actually realistic. I haven't reached out to them yet but seems if you got 2.49%@60mo then it may actually be real! lol

I am a FedEx employee and was wondering if the FECA advertised rate for 2.99@72mo was actually realistic. I haven't reached out to them yet but seems if you got 2.49%@60mo then it may actually be real! lol
Yea, I kinda thought that it might've been out of date on their website as well, but working with them was pretty smooth and they're great rates compared to anything else I could find.

Looking for competitive interest rates in the Sacramento, CA area. Tried Golden1 CU, Schools FCU and Sac CU. Was able to get a 72mo 3.44% $45k with Sac CU.

Since my M3, LR AWD, White w/Black Interior production is not happening anytime soon (ordered 8/8), figured I had time on my hands to shop around for a better rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.