Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I get a loan with Tesla Financing and decide to pay it back in full in a couple of months, will I pay penalties?
Some states prohibit prepayment penalties (Maryland prohibits for example)

You should check out Allegacy on the spreadsheet, 2.29% for 66 months. To join, you just need to donate about $10 to their organization.
I went with these folks. Really great to work with.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Just added ActorsFCU -- has amazing rates: Auto Loans - Actors FCU + there's an additional .25% reduction if you autodebit.

Might have significant loops though:
May require 10% of loan in a savings account, must open savings first, be a member of a listed organization, auto debit has .25% off basic rate, found free to join org: Songwriters Guild of America

Eligibility link: Who We Are - Actors FCU

Your 48 month loan could be 1.34% after auto debit

Any idea on how strict they are with this based on how soon you joined one of the organizations?

And do you need to open a savings account with Actors FCU of the 10% or having your own works?

Tesla said interest rates are going to go up soon. I'm doing a custom order and it seems like I can't lock in the rate until the car has a VIN number or it's delivered? Is it possible to start paying for a car I don't have yet (without a VIN) to lock in the rate?

Update on Aspire Federal Credit Union. I got financed at 1.99% 2 weeks ago. But, sorry to report that...I just emailed my contact there to see if it was a promotional rate or what. She just got back to me:

"Unfortunately, the rate has increased to 2.99% since you applied."
Just want to confirm what this user wrote. The 1.99% rate is nolonger available. Plus, my loan officer was extremely rude to my wife and I.

Just applied to join Allegacy CU, waiting on member number to finish up loan application. Total cost was $15 to join ($5 min deposit + $10 donation to association).

Going for the 2.74% / 72 months after Tesla Financing quoted me the same 3.6% / 72 months through US Bank.

For those who went with Allegacy, did they require a VIN up front during the loan application process? I got stuck trying to fill out the application, probably because membership hasn't been approved just yet, but noticed VIN didn't appear to be required.

I'm thinking about changing lightstream's rate to the lowest 'easy' credit union rate and subtract it by .1% what do you guys think? It'll be more relevant for most people.

Just applied to join Allegacy CU, waiting on member number to finish up loan application. Total cost was $15 to join ($5 min deposit + $10 donation to association).

Going for the 2.74% / 72 months after Tesla Financing quoted me the same 3.6% / 72 months through US Bank.

For those who went with Allegacy, did they require a VIN up front during the loan application process? I got stuck trying to fill out the application, probably because membership hasn't been approved just yet, but noticed VIN didn't appear to be required.

Most likely VIN isn't needed, it's too early.

Reactions: voip-ninja

Thanks for all your efforts helping out buyers.

I think what you did with LS was the right move. There have been some unrealistic expectations around being able to get LS to match any random CU with a low loan rate.

Also, not sure you're aware, but at least a couple of people reported that LS refused to beat rate from CU that they had pre-approval with. This has always been hit or miss but it seems like LS is really tightening their criteria for their rate beat program, probably (my guess) as a direct result of the 1000's of loans coming in due to the surge in Model 3 sales.

Reactions: T3slaMecca
Thanks for all your efforts helping out buyers.

I think what you did with LS was the right move. There have been some unrealistic expectations around being able to get LS to match any random CU with a low loan rate.

Also, not sure you're aware, but at least a couple of people reported that LS refused to beat rate from CU that they had pre-approval with. This has always been hit or miss but it seems like LS is really tightening their criteria for their rate beat program, probably (my guess) as a direct result of the 1000's of loans coming in due to the surge in Model 3 sales.

Most welcome.

I've added a note regarding that issue for LS. Think it would be helpful -- thanks for the tip!

applied for SDMCU, and haven't heard back (nothing new I haven't heard back form any place I applied so far). I called them and actually got in touch withsomeone (unlike the others) SDMCU says it will take 4-5 days to get a pre-approval. I don't have that kind of time! I might end up having to postpone delivery at this point. Only 10 more days to secure a loan. For some reason I thought getting a pre-approval would be a fast process... I don't have 80 grand in cash as a backup plan either.

I just submitted an app to Allegacy. I'm quite surprised how difficult this is to get decent rates... never knew that the dealership provided value. I would always just beat up on the finance guy and text the sales guy I'm walking if they don't get me X rate.

This whole car buying experience is just so much different than all the others... so far the financing has been the worse part, but hopefully Allegacy comes through something in the low 2's (still crazy!) and I can move on.

Thank you to everyone for sharing knowledge and helping out the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.