Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a member. Just applied online, and I was pre-approved the next day. Had to call a few times to get the actual letter though. They have some serious issues with staffing tho so they're clearly understaffed. But you do have up to 7 days after you take delivery to submit a letter for the rate match so I would start the application process with whatever bank you want and get a letter within that time frame without delaying your delivery.

Congrats and gluck
I'm doing the clearpath one right now online. Did they have to run your credit for the preapproval. Thats what I'm seeing as I click submit. Another question I had was... If I get the 72 month loan with Tesla.... Then I get a rate from Clearpath at 1.99% for 60 months... Does Tesla give me the 1.99% rate reimbursement for the whole 72 months or 60 or will they just deny it since the terms are not the same length?

I'm doing the clearpath one right now online. Did they have to run your credit for the preapproval. Thats what I'm seeing as I click submit. Another question I had was... If I get the 72 month loan with Tesla.... Then I get a rate from Clearpath at 1.99% for 60 months... Does Tesla give me the 1.99% rate reimbursement for the whole 72 months or 60 or will they just deny it since the terms are not the same length?

A lot of "pre-approvals" run a hard pull so do have to be careful. Lightstream did. So far I haven't seen a hard pull from Clearpath show up on my report but it still might. Definitely a soft pull tho.

Terms and amounts need to match for rate match.

Got a loan of 1.99% over 60 months using Sharon.

Not sure why anyone already approved would finance with Tesla. I can see no benefit.

Sometimes the banks you want to use have super high rates but you're able to get a way lower rate but at a bank that seems really incompetent and can't trust. And you'd like to rate match but both parties are making it really difficult. Just for now, Tesla rate match just solves it albeit in a kind of tangent way by paying you the difference. I can think of worse banks to loan from than us bank.

Anyways, now the real dilemma... Put the money I'm saving on interest into my 401k OR wheels? ;)

Last edited:
My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, and I was able to switch from Third Party Loan to Tesla Loan, apply / get approved, and get my lower rate approved through the match email all this morning in the span of a few hours. It appears if you reach out early enough, even the day before delivery, the email address ([email protected]) will be able to switch your loan terms to match a third party prior to finalization (so no need to wait for a check).

The same thing happened to me. I was a bit disappointed-- I'd have rather had the check since you'd come out ahead if you didn't keep the loan for the full term!

I actually literally tried to do this in the days prior to delivery and got no response until after I took delivery. It wasn't an issue tho since I preferred the lump money now and putting it right into investment accts right away.

Or you know, coilovers.

Update on CCFCU. As I suspected, my rental property income as well as debt on rental homes slowed down the process. I did get verbal confirmation today that my 2.5% loan will finalize on Monday. I’ve adjusted my delivery to Wednesday morning.

FYI for all CCFCU car loans... they don’t allow you to finance the taxes and registration. So my loan is for the sticker price plus destination fees. I did get EAP and FSD. Those were included in the loan as well. Good luck with everyone.

One last thought... I do think CCFCU was hesitant to fund me not just because of my income but because they’ve had to cancel too many loans they started with people who cancelled. Once I let them know my car has arrived and I’m not rate shopping, things went from being in stall mode to making the loan happen.

Congrats on your loan getting finalized with CCFCU! Where is CCFCU located? I tried to apply but they told me I have to live or work in their service area. I wonder if there is a way around that.

Got a loan of 1.99% over 60 months using Sharon.

Not sure why anyone already approved would finance with Tesla. I can see no benefit.

Congrats on your loan rate. That’s a good point. Financing with Tesla may be more convenient but it pays to shop around.

I checked Sharon CU website and apparently one has to live or work in specific areas. Do you know if they allow membership using other criteria as well?

I wonder what that means if it is unsecured? Doesn’t the bank still have a claim to the vehicle if you don’t make the monthly payments?

Oh it is most definitely unsecured. They even include this bold comment in a larger font in my loan docs. Lightstream has as much recourse in the event of non-payment as a credit card company does.
Lighstream Loan Documents said:
IMPORTANT!

Do NOT have LightStream listed as a lienholder on your vehicle title or loss payee on your insurance policy. If the vehicle seller or your insurance company inquires, just tell them that you did NOT use secured financing. This will save each of us paperwork hassles in the future. Thanks!

Congrats on your loan getting finalized with CCFCU! Where is CCFCU located? I tried to apply but they told me I have to live or work in their service area. I wonder if there is a way around that.
They are located in NC. You can join https://www.carolinacoopcu.com for $20, a one year membership with them establishes membership. While the eligibility is instant the process of joining take about 2 weeks. Good luck.

Does Tesla financing have any prepayment penalties? Thinking of just using their financing and then refinancing with a local CU when I register it in my home state, since Tesla can’t sell here in MI. I figure it would be easier should tesla change VIN’s on short notice or there is a problem with delivery.

Does Tesla financing have any prepayment penalties? Thinking of just using their financing and then refinancing with a local CU when I register it in my home state, since Tesla can’t sell here in MI. I figure it would be easier should tesla change VIN’s on short notice or there is a problem with delivery.

Their financing option says no prepayment penalties.

1.99%, 72 mos at Mokelumne Credit Union in Stockton, CA. Picked up check yesterday and take delivery in Fremont tomorrow.

I am going with a third party lender as Tesla was able to match my rate, but they were not able to match the amount financed. I will be picking up check on Monday and taking Delivery that same day or possibly Wednesday. They sent a document stating they had to receive check and clear way before delivery.
Is this true? Or were you able to take your check and get delivery same day like you mentioned? any issues or holdups? Thanks

Hi everyone,

This community has helped me tremendously on my Model 3 ownership journey and I thought I'd give back with this spreadsheet.

This spreadsheet pulls rates directly from the credit union's website hourly, so you're always getting the latest rates, because as you know, they change quite often these days!

The loan comparison google spreadsheet: Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Auto Update Rates

How to use the spreadsheet youtube (best viewed in 1080p): Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Updates Hourly

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the spreadsheet easier to use.

For now, this spreadsheet only contains US credit unions but if you know of great rates in other countries, let me know and I'll add it.

My mission is to help anyone who's interested in buying a Tesla or EVs -- let's all help each other out!

Blessings,
Khoa

Status
Not open for further replies.