Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Utah and just got a loan from them, call them they seemed happy to do business.

Tried it again tonight and it went through. Just applied for the loan.

Even though the person on the phone was really nice, I'm guessing she flagged my app for some reason. So once that app expired I was good to go again.

Hopefully I don't have any more problems!

Anyone that did financing through a credit union.... please advise, what option did you choose when completing the tesla form that asks how you will pay? Did you choose the "cash" option because your credit union (in my case highly likely to be LA Financial CU) will be going to give you a check to pay the car off? or did you choose the "self-arranged financing"? Never did a loan before :/

Anyone that did financing through a credit union.... please advise, what option did you choose when completing the tesla form that asks how you will pay? Did you choose the "cash" option because your credit union (in my case highly likely to be LA Financial CU) will be going to give you a check to pay the car off? or did you choose the "self-arranged financing"? Never did a loan before :/

It depends on whether or not the CU will put a lien on your title. Choose the self-financing option if there is going a lien on your title so that Tesla can prepare the paperwork correctly. Otherwise at least with my CU, they'll charge you the fees for fixing that.

The Cash option is for when only your name will be on the Title, such as when you're paying in cash or got a loan from LightStream (which is essentially cash).

It depends on whether or not the CU will put a lien on your title. Choose the self-financing option if there is going a lien on your title so that Tesla can prepare the paperwork correctly. Otherwise at least with my CU, they'll charge you the fees for fixing that.

The Cash option is for when only your name will be on the Title, such as when you're paying in cash or got a loan from LightStream (which is essentially cash).
I appreciate your insight! thanks!

This is great info. Thanks for sharing. Was wondering if anyone has had experience w/ a new college grad approval either w/ Lexus or 3rd party lender. My son is a new college grad so credit history is limited and hasn't had a full time job. He is slated to start his new 90k/year FT job w/in 2 weeks. He will put that salary down in his app. Lexus dealer said that often times income documentation is not asked for. The concern is that if they do ask for documentation, his offer letter or a couple of weeks pay stubs may not be sufficient for approval. Any thoughts on whether he can obtain approval based on his new job salary? His fico is around 680-720 depending on which fico scoring method is used.

This is great info. Thanks for sharing. Was wondering if anyone has had experience w/ a new college grad approval either w/ Lexus or 3rd party lender. My son is a new college grad so credit history is limited and hasn't had a full time job. He is slated to start his new 90k/year FT job w/in 2 weeks. He will put that salary down in his app. Lexus dealer said that often times income documentation is not asked for. The concern is that if they do ask for documentation, his offer letter or a couple of weeks pay stubs may not be sufficient for approval. Any thoughts on whether he can obtain approval based on his new job salary? His fico is around 680-720 depending on which fico scoring method is used.

Correction for above, replace "Lexus" w/ "Tesla". Sorry for the confusion. For some reason I mix up the two car maker's, maybe because they sound a little bit alike.

Thanks for this spreadsheet... stumbled upon it maybe 1.5 months ago, when I was starting to look into ways to pay for our new Tesla (delivery scheduled Friday), just got approved/funded for a loan through HickamFCU (lucked out my brother-in-law just moved to Ohau last year) for 1.74% on a 60 mo loan... Will find out tomorrow if I can get them to overnight/use 2-3 day shipping on the funding check as they don't wire/ACH funds, and don't think it'll get to Tesla in CA before Friday otherwise.

Not sure if they can't expedite the shipping if I can back out of having them do the loan and then see if I can have lightstream beat their loan, since lightstream will seemingly ACH/Wire funds. Regardless, took a bit of work to get a membership/loan from a bank in another state... but significant savings.

PS. If you're going to use Hickam, they determine their value/debt ratio from the KBB value of the new car... and initially they only used the value of the base long-range AWD model 3, had to walk them through adding the value of the paint color, AP, and FSD to the KBB value. Otherwise, the loan rate was 1.99% since in their calculations I hadn't put in over 20% down. So worth noting if you want to do more than 80% financed it seems to be a 0.25% APR difference.

Thanks to everyone for all the contributions to this list. Here are some more options to consider.

If you've got a big wad of cash at Bank of America, they give you a discount on auto loan rates.
Bank of America Preferred Rewards Program
  • Current rates
    • 60 months: 3.54%
    • 72 months: 3.74%
  • Discount off the above rates
    • Gold status: 0.25% off
    • Platinum staus: 0.35% off

Anyone with any connection to the airline industry seems to be eligible for the American Airlines Credit Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.