Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a few days ago....when should I look at getting finale setup? I have heard to wait till I get a VIN assigned.....is that true?

Final setup? I assume you are talking about your tesla profile. You will start getting text messages about your delivery timeline. Once you are kinda close to the delivery date (2-4 weeks) you might hear from tesla regarding completing your profile with finances and everything.

I am at the same stage right now.

Just a quick shout out to Alliant CU. I’m in TX and because of our state not licensing Tesla to sell cars here, we need to pay for the car before it gets shipped to TX.

I finally got a VIN in source code yesterday (order date 1/24) and much to my surprise the MVPA showed up a few minutes later, followed by a call from my SA that the car is at a train station in CA ready to be shipped and I need to pay now. So I needed to hustle...

I had one short conversation with Chris Prehn of Alliant the prior week about their rates and he appeared very familiar with Tesla process in TX. So I called him yesterday morning and went from applying for the loan to payment wired to Tesla in less then 7 hours. Fantastic experience and I highly recommend, especially if you need to get everything lined up quickly.

Just got 2.89% for 72mos at Bank of America too. I chose Tesla financing when I ordered but their rate was 4.59%. If I go with BoA, do I alert Tesla now or do I wait for VIN and delivery notification?
I think Tesla won’t finance the taxes and fees. BofA will finance up to 105% of the “msrp” which may be better if you want as little out of pocket if possible.

You should tell Tesla now so they get the MVPA correct. It seems BofA wants the MVPA to be accurate to the penny for what they will finance.

Status
Not open for further replies.