Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EAGLE ONE Credit Union, Claymont, DE 19703 ---- PA/DE area
Vehicle Loans — Eagle One

WE'LL BEAT ANY RATE
We are pleased to inform you of one of the greatest aspects of our Auto Financing Program! Eagle One will meet or beat any rate by .25% APR* from another financial institution or dealership for any vehicle type listed above. Some restrictions may apply.

TOWER FCU - Membership Eligibility -Tower Federal Credit Union
Based in Laurel, MD - primary eligibility is geographic, BUT
"Not eligible via above options? Become a member of TowerCares Foundation with a $35 donation."

Spring Auto Loan Special Rates offer ends May 31, 2020. Annual Percentage Rate shown is as of March 1, 2020 and is subject to change. 1.49% APR applies to 36 month term new vehicle purchases only and includes a 0.25% discount for enrollment in automatic monthly loan payments and 0.25% discount for using the Tower Car Buying Service with TrueCar

During that so much of US is supposed to "stay home", how much trouble have folx encountered applying online or by phone?

Smiles,
/Leslie Ann

Question: When applying for the third party loans; since the loan amount has to match Tesla. Did you consider your reservation amount as part of your down payment? If I want to put 15k down. Is it 15k down or 15k + 2.5k = 17.5k down?
The $2500 is factored into the amount you owe; it shows in the breakdown. For example if the car including the doc fee is $60k and you put $2500, then you owe $57,500. Then you factor in your $15k down payment, which brings it to $42,500. Then you can either also pay the taxes out of pocket on the $60k purchase price, or you can finance it along with the $42,500, thereby increasing your loan amount and payment per month.

I hope this explains it.

For anyone that will read this, I had a horrible experience with DCU. They jerked me around for weeks. They approved the loan, dinged my credit score, and then decided they aren't going to approve credit union membership thus forcing the rate to jump up significantly.

On the other hand EECU was flabergastingly easy. Took 45 seconds to fill out their online stuff and then got a letter in less than an hour which I sent to Tesla who matched it.

Reactions: DennyL
Just took delivery Saturday of base white 3. 2400 down. 2.89% for 72 months. $619/month. WA state cuts 10.8% tax in half if you stay under $45g on purchase.

Attachments

• D7DB7789-64F4-4211-9DEA-41D352A15DD0.jpeg
    D7DB7789-64F4-4211-9DEA-41D352A15DD0.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: E Dizzle
I rate-matched 2.2% rate for $50,000 loan for 60 months from EECU to Tesla using rate-match guarantee. Tesla agreed to rate match 2.2% for $50,000 and instead of 60 months, they have agreed to rate match to 72 months. I didn't request for 72 months. I have asked tesla to reconsider matching to 60 months instead of 72 months and let's see how it goes.
A question:
1. If we pay the loan amount earlier than 60 months and complete our loan, do we have any disadvantage going with 72 months loan?

I rate-matched 2.2% rate for $50,000 loan for 60 months from EECU to Tesla using rate-match guarantee. Tesla agreed to rate match 2.2% for $50,000 and instead of 60 months, they have agreed to rate match to 72 months. I didn't request for 72 months. I have asked tesla to reconsider matching to 60 months instead of 72 months and let's see how it goes.
A question:
1. If we pay the loan amount earlier than 60 months and complete our loan, do we have any disadvantage going with 72 months loan?

No, there is no pre-payment penalty or anything. The best way to accomplish this is to automatically pay 1/12 your monthly premium extra each month.

Man, does EECU actually secure any loans or are they just a rate match machine for Tesla? I feel bad...I've used their rates on my last 2 Tesla's to get a rate match. It just makes it so much easier at delivery time when the loan is through "Tesla".

A question:
I regularly pay about $250 a month more on car loans to payoff early. If you calculate what the payment would be for a 60 month loan and pay that amount, your loan should be paid off in 60 months.

Hello,

I don't have a credit score yet but will get one in June/early July (I'm not American, got my SSN in December, been building credit since). I should have around 700 once I get it (I paid everything in full every time).

I plan to buy a Model 3 LR as soon as I get my credit score, and I want to put $12K down. Does anyone know if I'll still be able to get interesting APR or will they crush me because I'm not American and will just got my credit score? I'd also like to pay it off in 36 months.

I'm 25 and make $85K/year if that makes a difference.

After applying for the loan at CarolinaCoopCU, I realize that the Join Rules aren't Open as listed, but are Strict as it seems to be only for a portion of a certain state. Unless I am missing something...

I think if you join the North Carolina Consumer Council that might qualify you... Credit Union Eligibility

Membership — Carolina Cooperative FCU

“Members of the North Carolina Consumers Council are also eligible to join our credit union.“

I would appreciate any feedback you have about your joining and available loan products. I’m out of state but was going to join the council and then try to apply to refinance my current loan to the 2.49% 84 month they have. I’ve had my car for about 6 months and exceed the credit score they list to qualify for that. Still, I’m curious if they’ll put up a fuss about me joining when I’m not in the state or say that the 2.49% was the lowest rate for shorter term loans and the 84 month was a higher rate, etc.

I know you pay a lot of interest on a loan that long so I’m already paying mine off on an accelerated time line to avoid that, I just like having a lower monthly payment in case something does happen (lose a job for a couple months, unforeseen large expense, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.