Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any leads on a good credit union with competitive rates that can do business in FL? I have top tier credit and am really just looking for one that can beat the rates through Tesla (2.29 for 72). Open to 60-84 month terms. Thanks.
I just used Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union and they were amazing. Hustled to FedEx my check to me. 2.49% for 84 months if your credit is over 730 or so. Plus two months deferred first payment so you can use the extra cash to get your wall charger or ppf installed.

• Helpful
Reactions: d0nkn0tts
I just used Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union and they were amazing. Hustled to FedEx my check to me. 2.49% for 84 months if your credit is over 730 or so. Plus two months deferred first payment so you can use the extra cash to get your wall charger or ppf installed.

I want to refinance with them so bad but NADA doesn’t have a value for the 2019 Model 3 SR+ yet! :(

Reactions: Levelheadsteve
Carolina Cooperative FCU is allowed to do business in FL? Based on the info I saw from their website (link below) I didn’t think I’d qualify to join. If I do then I’ll certainly consider based on the terms you stated.

Membership — Carolina Cooperative FCU
Join the North Carolina Consumers Council first for $20 online. It makes you eligible for certain Carolina credit unions. I live in California and joined. Then fill out the very short member request on CCFCU website and include your NCCC number. They will mail some paperwork to you. It takes about a week to get paperwork from them and back to them. Probably faster for you in FL. However, once you are a CCFCU member, the loan application is online,

I applied Monday night and was approved (approval is based just on credit score) on Wednesday (Tuesday was June 30, so hectic end of month day for them). On Wednesday night, Tesla called and said my vehicle got delivered at the SC. I emailed CCFCU the details and they emailed paperwork to sign, I signed and emailed it back, they overnighted a check to me by Friday 10:30 am here in California. I drove to Tesla right after and picked up the car.

The loan officer said they do a ton of Tesla’s. I told her it’s probably because of the great feedback on the Tesla forums. Also, the 84 months at 2.49% with first two payments deferred gives folks extra cash to spend on a home charging set up and/or ppf. I plan on paying the loan off faster, but it’s always nice to have the option of a lower payment if needed.

Attachments

• 7E8F3017-653B-4F92-A9BB-F079726407B7.png
    7E8F3017-653B-4F92-A9BB-F079726407B7.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Hello all,

I'm not getting a Tesla (although I do like them!),but a Porsche instead. The car will be at the dealer end of next week.

I assume this is the same spreadsheet as that one found on leasehackr.

I applied CCCU membership last week but haven't received any paperwork yet.
Is this the best 84 month rate still? 2.49 is the best I can find (great rate btw). I'm assuming lightstream has become stricter and won't match a secured loan.

Is there a finance limit amount? I will be putting about 30 percent down and plan to finance 95k.

Thanks!

Heads up, Pasadena FCU has:

- Up to 60 months @ 1.85%
- 72 months @ 2.24%
- 84 months @ 2.74%

To get these rates you have to have payments auto debited from your PFCU account (0.50%) and open a PFCU Credit Card (0.50%). Everything can be done online. If you don’t meet their basic membership criteria, you make a $25 donation to the Pasadena Library (also done online while you apply).

Join the North Carolina Consumers Council first for $20 online. It makes you eligible for certain Carolina credit unions. I live in California and joined. Then fill out the very short member request on CCFCU website and include your NCCC number. They will mail some paperwork to you. It takes about a week to get paperwork from them and back to them. Probably faster for you in FL. However, once you are a CCFCU member, the loan application is online,

Thank you so much for this post, we're about to pull the trigger on a TMY.

Reactions: Levelheadsteve
I filled out the Carolina FCU over the weekend. It said it submitted but I didnt get an email and nobody has followed up yet today. Hoping to get further confirmation soon....

You will receive their invitation to join by snail-mail. I filled out the online page to join last week and according to my USPS informed delivery the invitation is coming in the mail today. My TMY order was filled so quick I had already made peace with going through Tesla. I may still go that route just to make picking up the vehicle easier on all parties involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: rydenfan
Same happened to me. I called them and they said it had been mailed. It was in my mail when I got home that night so it was about a week turnaround.

How long did it take you guys to get approved? I sent in my application 2 weeks ago. They deposited my members check, and they ran my credit. Perhaps it is because I'm self employed?( To which I provided 6 months of bank statements and 2 years of tax returns. )

Thanks. I spoke to them and missed an email they sent last week. It looks like they want a 2019 tax return, which I won't have because I file an extension every year.

I did submit a 2017 and 18 return, a schedule C for 2019 and bank statements for 2020, and they ran my credit already.

Quite a bummer actually I was looking to use them .

Status
Not open for further replies.