Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do all before you found out that your vehicle is ready for delivery? I am wondering if I can get a check ready from them prior to delivery. I am sure there was a charge for overnight delivery how did you arrange that?
I got a call about delivery, which was a huge surprise. I called CCFCU and asked if they could expedite my approval and check. They emailed paperwork (loan amount, terms, disclosures etc.), I signed and emailed right back. They used funds out of my initial $100 deposit to pay for overnight delivery of check. That was it.

• Helpful
Reactions: am_dmd
Hi All. Thanks for such a great spreadsheet - very helpful.

How are other people getting lower rates using Tesla Financing? I am in NJ and I see 2.99 on the website. Do we need to apply first to see lower rate as part of the car ordering process? I see people are price matching, but wanted to see if there is any other way. I have excellent credit.

I am planning to buy M3SR+ in next few months.

I got my initial packet from Carolina Coop FCU today after about 4-5 days since it was sent. For anyone who has used them did you have to open an account (like checking or savings) just to find out what loan/terms they would offer? It seems like its based solely on credit score but could be wrong about that. Ideally I just want to know what I will be approved for as it will be somewhat of a determining factor in which car I decide to order.

On a diff note, does anyone know if tesla financing will roll fees like the taxes into loan?

Last edited:
"The lowest new vehicle rate offered will not be lower than 2.99% APR"

"Maximum term at new vehicle rate is 60 months for new and used vehicles"

Sounds like you got lucky! Longer term then they claim they'll give AND lower rate then they claim is their floor rate!

Tesla does not bank off the interest rates, the banks do.
Seriously, you just have to know how to play a game and it will happen.

no matter what is claimed on paper, you can go lower.

Reactions: ra88it
So I applied for Tesla Loan. First they came back with 2.99% and sent an email asking if possible to lower it and I got one email back in early morning that they updated my account info of the rate. It is 2.39%. I applied for BOA they wanted to give me 3.5% and applied with some CU but couldn't go lower than 2.78%.

Reactions: Noodles
That info was right from SkyOne Federal’s site....

I called SkyOne just to see before I sign with Carolina Coop FCU. Was told if you put down 30% they have flexibility on rates on terms “some of the time.” Perhaps the trade was enough equity to equal 30%? Either way I’m also a strong buyer but they gave no indication they had anything lower then 3.79% at 84 months...

I called SkyOne just to see before I sign with Carolina Coop FCU. Was told if you put down 30% they have flexibility on rates on terms “some of the time.” Perhaps the trade was enough equity to equal 30%? Either way I’m also a strong buyer but they gave no indication they had anything lower then 3.79% at 84 months...

Interesting... though I hate places like that which have hidden rules or exceptions. Just post your info for everyone to see and save everyone time!

Ah, with whom?

That would be very useful info as rates change all the time.

Thx.

I asked the same question and they replied with "SkyOne Federal Credit Union". SkyOne doesn't advertise those rates (claims they don't go that low OR that long of a term) so it sounds like you have to strong arm them a little or negotiate. If I were you I probably would just go with a different lender. Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union seems to be a good go to for new Tesla loans and they clearly advertise 2.49% for 84 months. That interest rate difference is only worth about $5/mo on a $40k loan...

Edit: Right from SkyOne's web site; "The lowest new vehicle rate offered will not be lower than 2.99% APR" and "Maximum term at new vehicle rate is 60 months for new and used vehicles"

Reactions: Noodles
Status
Not open for further replies.