Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn! Not elgible.

I’m approved with US bank 2.49% & 72 months but with 10K down.

not a fan of putting 10K down after an experience I had with with a car that was wrecked a year into ownership. Pretty much lost the 5K down payment.

anyone have any suggestions how to get 100% financing ?

From US Bank directly or through Tesla?
Tesla allows you to finance 105% of the car amount. If your loan is through them, you can probably email auto finance ask them to adjust the terms.

Everyone has excellent credit for this resource. Yes, right !!! You need to add a box where you can enter your credit score which will adjust the rate accordingly. The majority of people can't get these low advertised rates because they only have a fair rating.

You might want to rethink a $45k to $50k car with a “fair” rating...

You might want to rethink a $45k to $50k car with a “fair” rating...
The scary thing is some people actually co-sign for someone else getting a 50k+ car loan (per youtube)

Sure some people may have that cushy 6 figure job (with shitty young person credit), but so-signing for some young person's 1k/month car loan is not going to happen (even if they are my kid)

I got a call about delivery, which was a huge surprise. I called CCFCU and asked if they could expedite my approval and check. They emailed paperwork (loan amount, terms, disclosures etc.), I signed and emailed right back. They used funds out of my initial $100 deposit to pay for overnight delivery of check. That was it.

Do you recall which credit bureau Carolina Cooperative pulled?

Why?
I bought a $65,000 used Model S with fair credit.
If I want a particular Tesla I will shop around until I get the best rate, Having fair credit only affects the interest rate not the ability to get a loan. Sometimes the interest rate can be lowered by submitting a higher down payment.

If you only have fair credit because you've been shopping around lots and just have a lot of hard pulls, that's one thing. If it's because of very high outstanding balance, maxed line(s) of credit, or missed payments, then loading up with more debt might not be the best idea. It's one thing if you NEED a car, but there are much cheaper options out there than a Tesla.

FYI for anyone in FL. I was offered 2.94 up to 84 months with Orlando Credit Union up to 125% of value. Not sure their exact qualification terms but my credit score is over 800 with low DTI. Very painless to deal with and got approved within 2 hours.

they did let me submit a rate match for the 2.49 CC offers, will see what happens with that...

They do, generally most credit unions just require you to live in the state they're located in. Some are more special (armed forces, fire fighters, etc) so I wouldn't waste time on those unless you had a family member that was one of those. Figure out the term you want and then google California Credit unions or something and spend a little time looking at each. For any that don't list the actual rate with the term and instead just say "as low as 1.99%!" or something I wouldn't bother following up with, most likely that's for like a 36 month term or something, unless you plan to go that short.

If you're just happy with 2.49% you can apply directly with Tesla once you place you order, some people have even reported instant approval, then they email the finance department at Tesla and ask if they can find a lower rate. That's how they've been getting sub 2.49% with Tesla. Otherwise be on the credit union hunt... (Though do some math too, 0.25% isn't really saving all that much money over some terms so value you time, if it takes 20 hours to search for that make sure it's worth it)

How were you able to get a hold of Tesla Financial? I got conditional approval for Wells Fargo's at 3.5% instead of either BoA or Chase. Wondering if I can get them to quote both and see if that's lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.