Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received 1.74% through DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union - not sure why it's not "DFCU"...) The give a discounted rate for buying an EV and an additional discount if you due paycheck automatic deposit through them (which may be more hassle than it's worth if you're not already a customer.)
That's a great rate!. If you don't mind, what's your credit score looks like?

For Carolina Community FCU, my total time from initial contact to funds wired was about 14 days. Given all the paperwork was actual physical paper, I am quite happy with this. Some of this time was also waiting on Tesla to provide MVPA. Rate was 1.99 for 84 months. I’ll be looking into home refinance through them based on this experience.
Do you have to direct deposit your paycheck or income source to their account there?

For Carolina Coop CU, it takes forever and no one answers the phone except for customer service people who know nothing about the loan. if you are ready to wait for 2-4 weeks, could be longer, and don't mind mailing materials in batches (they don't tell you all the requirements at once), go for it. the rate is great at 1.99% but it's way too much headache. you leave 10 vms and get no return call. I feel that they just don't care. why bother

Do you have to direct deposit your paycheck or income source to their account there?

No, you just have to be a member with a $5 account balance.

For Carolina Coop CU, it takes forever and no one answers the phone except for customer service people who know nothing about the loan. if you are ready to wait for 2-4 weeks, could be longer, and don't mind mailing materials in batches (they don't tell you all the requirements at once), go for it. the rate is great at 1.99% but it's way too much headache. you leave 10 vms and get no return call. I feel that they just don't care. why bother

Weird, I had the exact opposite experience with CCCU. Everything was in a packet with easy instructions to follow. Since we are still a bit out from buying I kept the loan application and only sent back my membership application, a $5 check and a letter indicating that I would be sending the loan app with additional $145 when I got within 30 days of taking delivery.

For those who have mentioned going through DCU, how did you become eligible to be a member? It seems like you can simply join one of the not-for-profits they list for about 15 bucks a year and automatically become eligible that way, even if you don't live in the right areas. Have any of you done it that way?

That's a great rate!. If you don't mind, what's your credit score looks like?

Sorry, just seeing this. I don't know what it is but I assume very good/excellent. I'm the kind of person who gets a credit card just to build credit score. I pay my bill every month. I have a mortgage and solar loan (no car loans aside from the new one for my Tesla) that I pay every month on the dot.

Reactions: el-guapin
I got approved for Alliant (through Tesla but not Tesla Financing... weird). Based in Texas.

3.49%/72 - $35k - FICO 760

Is this a decent rate? I have tried shopping around (not credit unions yet) and the closest I can find is like 5%. Also, confirming above I checked the spreadsheet and the rate function is broken.

Reactions: el-guapin
Status
Not open for further replies.