Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think im at 805-815.... but i read somewhere on this thread, that others have asked, and rate got lowered instantly practically.....so i tried it myself..it worked... much easier than jumping through hoops with CUs

Same. I might have squeezed out another few basis points with a CU, but I might have also needed to move my direct deposit, etc, to qualify. This is way easier.

Approved for 2.49 via U.S. Bank, fired off an email asking for a lower rate, they came back in 15 minutes with BMO Harris (2.14%). I then replied back asking what Chase was offering out of curiosity since I have accounts with them (just to simplify autopay) and they updated the account again to 2.04%.

Strange they didn't offer this to me the first go around, but just an FYI that multiple requests may work out for you.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Got approved for 2.49% from Wells Fargo and I accepted the offer, not knowing it’s possible to ask for lower interest rate until I saw this thread. I took my chances and emailed Tesla to see if they can find me a better interest rate, thinking it’s unlikely especially I already accepted the offer. I received a reply from them after about 30 mins and got 1.84% from Chase. I was shocked!

Credit score > 800
60 months term.

Reactions: JindoFuzz
So as most here I accepted my first offer of 2.49 weeks ago but then I emailed them yesterday and it looks like they offered a better deal but it is not showing up on my account. It only shows my old offer I had accepted weeks ago.
When I requested for lower interest rate, they first rolled back to the original offer, then soon after it goes to loan pending. After they found a better offer, my account was then updated with the new offer information with the accept offer button. If new interest rate hasn’t show up after a day, you might want to contact them again to see what’s going on.

Reactions: goldenstate01
Thanks to everyone for the advice in this thread. I would have been happy enough with 2.49% (which I've seen a few places state, and my advisor state yesterday, was the current best/lowest offer Tesla had), but followed the advice here and emailed them to request a lower rate. Sure enough, I got a response in just under 2 hours (still fast enough, but I assume it's because I'm EST and emailed first thing this morning and they're PST so they weren't open yet) and my rate dropped to 2.14%. I see a few others have gotten even lower rates from Chase, but I'm fine with what I have currently and to avoid using Chase. Just my personal preference, but I've had some loans through them and had a few too many issues to want to give them any more money (not trying to disuade anyone from using them, this is strictly my own personal experiences that left a bad taste in my mouth).

Status
Not open for further replies.