Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tl;dr: financing and insurance sections of the profile have no bearing on VIN prioritization.

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 1.09.03 PM.png

I hadn't paid attention to it at the time, but this is the text message I received after ordering. I think that makes it explicit that pre-delivery tasks do have some bearing.

Understood. My original question was about when to have financing sorted out because I didn't want it to get in the way of me receiving a VIN. I hadn't completed that task and that's why I asked.
I have friends that work at Tesla in Sales and Delivery: others on this forum have tried to tell me different based on what other SA's have told them. What I do know is this: completion of ALL pre-delivery tasks is needed for prioritization which includes Payment Method. When I emailed my SA, he stated that applying for financing since loan terms were 60 days was highly suggested to take delivery for end of June.
Yes they have a floor rate and that’s as low as they are willing to go unless you can provide a lower rate, then they will match.
Yeah, I knew of the floor rates, after reading through so many forums of others getting lower APR's thought I take the chance. The one thing that came out of this was switching to Chase since I primarily bank through them. It'll be easier to make payments and not deal with WF.

I did the [email protected] email like it said in the attachment. I guess you could send it to both to see if you get different responses. It may be the same office folks or two different ones. I was happy with the same day (within a couple of hours) response when I emailed RateMatch. If you have an approved offer and you're within 30 days of taking delivery I'd send in your request. Just attach a PDF, Screenshot, or save JPG of your approved offer and they take care of the rest. No other personal information needed other then including your RN from your order.
I got Tesla to match NFCU @2.29%/72 months.

Reactions: id436eg9045
I hate to be that “guy” but this isn’t accurate in the slightest. I’ve talked to probably 5 SAs at multiple locations who have said the exact same thing. The only thing that matters when it comes to VIN prioritization is the initial deposit date and your profile submission. I asked to clarify about the profile submission and the only thing they consider is the pick-up location and the registration information. All others including insurance are fluid and do not affect anything.

This makes absolute sense as it tracks with what Tesla (and other SAs) have said about waiting to secure financing until later in the quarter so a second credit hit isn’t felt.

it also tracks because one could simply put “pay in cash” and under the auspice of the vin system prioritization idea, be golden, only to have their SA change it last minute.

tl;dr: financing and insurance sections of the profile have no bearing on VIN prioritization.
This is extremely helpful, thank you for taking the time to post it.

Ok, the other local credit union approved me for 1.99% for up to 84 months. Gonna submit another rate match, but may just end up going with the credit union as I don't really feel like opening up an account with Wells Fargo. Guess it's good to have options though.

Ok, the other local credit union approved me for 1.99% for up to 84 months. Gonna submit another rate match, but may just end up going with the credit union as I don't really feel like opening up an account with Wells Fargo. Guess it's good to have options though.
What local credit union did you use? I'm based in MD/Baltimore metro

I have friends that work at Tesla in Sales and Delivery: others on this forum have tried to tell me different based on what other SA's have told them. What I do know is this: completion of ALL pre-delivery tasks is needed for prioritization which includes Payment Method. When I emailed my SA, he stated that applying for financing since loan terms were 60 days was highly suggested to take delivery for end of June.

Yeah, I knew of the floor rates, after reading through so many forums of others getting lower APR's thought I take the chance. The one thing that came out of this was switching to Chase since I primarily bank through them. It'll be easier to make payments and not deal with WF.
I understand that. But when is it too early to apply for financing? What if it goes beyond 60 days for delivery?

Status
Not open for further replies.