Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm coming up to my first yearly anniversary paying for my M3 using a Tesla Loan. Do Tesla automatically send you a finance update? I received these annually from RCI on my previous Zoe. Or do I need to request one. I phoned Tesla support but the person who answered didn't know as it wasn't his department. I haven't received a call back.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm coming up to my first yearly anniversary paying for my M3 using a Tesla Loan. Do Tesla automatically send you a finance update? I received these annually from RCI on my previous Zoe. Or do I need to request one. I phoned Tesla support but the person who answered didn't know as it wasn't his department. I haven't received a call back.

Thanks.
drop a mail to [email protected]. applied for a loan and had some queries. Quick to respond over the mail.

Reactions: Spark1993
Upvote 0
Interesting question, I've not had one on my loan and it's about 16 months now.

I say interesting, because under section 77A of the Consumer Credit Act 2006 they are legally required to send you a statement at least once a year.

Interestingly it says that as long as they're not in compliance you are not liable for any interest or default fees and they're not allowed to enforce the agreement - although I'm not a lawyer, so I wouldn't test that without legal advice.

If I wasn't about to change my car I think I'd write to Tesla and ask for the statement, but it's kind of moot as I expect to be trading it for a new one before the end of June (fingers crossed).

Reactions: Spark1993
Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks.
There is a “finance” section in the app as of a few versions ago, maybe the documents will be available in there? (Sending something physical via the post doesn’t feel very “Tesla”).

Upvote 0
In the App the Financing section has "statements". No documents there for me at the moment. First payment taken April 2021, 13 payments in total, so a yearly statement is due about now (perhaps overdue). If you email the finance support team make sure you include your VIN, I didn't and the email went into a void with no response.

Upvote 0