Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loaner car in New York

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is my loaner car from @teslamotors in #syossett
I waited 2:30hrs for a tow on a brand new 2021 #tesla . Then I get to the service center and they give me this filthy, nasty model 3 after I complained about it being disgusting. If this is Tesla’s way of treating new owners, then let me sound the alarm. Don’t get me wrong, I love my new car but their customer service and attention is horrid. #teslahastodobetter @teslamotorsclub #teslaforums #tesla #teslalongisland #modely #teslamodely
4ED23A0E-B505-43E0-9B7F-2C5EA8AA4E1D.jpeg

Attachments

• 20F8DDD9-2CD9-46D9-A499-267940D88149.jpeg
    20F8DDD9-2CD9-46D9-A499-267940D88149.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 120
  • DE825A00-E9E7-481B-88CC-C1E07CAA26AF.jpeg
    DE825A00-E9E7-481B-88CC-C1E07CAA26AF.jpeg
    378.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 10238727-8CA7-463C-A0AB-FD0C9D4ECA79.jpeg
    10238727-8CA7-463C-A0AB-FD0C9D4ECA79.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 70FC8F9E-A7CD-4AEE-B5DA-88B9382038B0.jpeg
    70FC8F9E-A7CD-4AEE-B5DA-88B9382038B0.jpeg
    909.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 2A61595D-91A9-49BC-A4B7-C4DA6D85D7BF.jpeg
    2A61595D-91A9-49BC-A4B7-C4DA6D85D7BF.jpeg
    763.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 29D431BB-7CA0-4A06-B184-3415AFA2061C.jpeg
    29D431BB-7CA0-4A06-B184-3415AFA2061C.jpeg
    751.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 3961ED45-8D01-4687-A971-25291C28E8AB.jpeg
    3961ED45-8D01-4687-A971-25291C28E8AB.jpeg
    749.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 5A463592-2F7F-42BB-AE3F-31B51F4054C8.jpeg
    5A463592-2F7F-42BB-AE3F-31B51F4054C8.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 121
  • EAF2C42E-57C2-4175-8961-655325463741.jpeg
    EAF2C42E-57C2-4175-8961-655325463741.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Funny
Reactions: doomsday997
I get being upset about the cleanliness because I’ve been there. Tesla doesn’t even wipe their cars down between people sometimes even during a pandemic which blows my mind.
But regarding the scratches, idk what you’d be offended by that about. It’s a car to drive. Who cares if the bumper is scratched?

I get being upset about the cleanliness because I’ve been there. Tesla doesn’t even wipe their cars down between people sometimes even during a pandemic which blows my mind.
But regarding the scratches, idk what you’d be offended by that about. It’s a car to drive. Who cares if the bumper is scratched?
It's been a month since I took my car to service center and haven't heard a thing. Didn't get a loaner or even Uber...at least u have something to hold over on them

Guess it all depends your luck. My car is in service getting alignment done and replace the windshield and I got a Model S 90D for today. I’m out over in smithtown.

When my 3 was in service last month I didn’t get a loaner; just Uber credits. Be happy you got a loaner at all; it’s just temporary.

I went in expecting the credits, and would have been totally okay with, but left with the loaner. Even gave me the option of an S or a 3. It’s important to temper expections.

I think it helped that I didn’t rush in like a bull in a china closet. People tend to be more likely to reciprocate kindness with kindness... even on Long Island.

Attachments

• 218813E2-E8DF-4D34-ADCF-6A2C1952FEEA.jpeg
    218813E2-E8DF-4D34-ADCF-6A2C1952FEEA.jpeg
    899.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
No reason why they can't at least clean it. That's just horrible customer service.

However, I'd take a filthy beat up Tesla over having to Uber. Infinitely more convenient.
I understand your point and I agree with having a vehicle versus no car or even Uber. The interesting thing is that I asked for them to clean it and this was the result. We’re are still in a pandemic, this car should’ve been detailed and sanitized. I shouldn’t have to pay out of my pocket to clean and sanitize a loaner after only having purchased my car two and a half weeks ago.

I’m highly offended with the lack of empathy regarding my situation. I waited over two hours for a tow after having to contact Tesla roadside repeatedly. To make matters worse the service center staff acted as if the car condition inside and out was no big deal. If you have loaner vehicles on your lot they are supposed to be prepped and ready to go at a moments notice. With all the vehicles I’ve owned I was never given such a disgusting vehicle. The dents and scratches I can get over but it’s entire ordeal that makes the situation extremely frustrating.
In the car industry loaners are advertising for dealerships/manufacturers. Their brand and customer service is important them. If my vehicle needs servicing then I expect either them same vehicle I dropped off or an equivalent. Let’s not talk about Uber vouchers, that’s just an insult.

• Funny
Reactions: doomsday997
Guess it all depends your luck. My car is in service getting alignment done and replace the windshield and I got a Model S 90D for today. I’m out over in smithtown.

When my 3 was in service last month I didn’t get a loaner; just Uber credits. Be happy you got a loaner at all; it’s just temporary.

I went in expecting the credits, and would have been totally okay with, but left with the loaner. Even gave me the option of an S or a 3. It’s important to temper expections.

I think it helped that I didn’t rush in like a bull in a china closet. People tend to be more likely to reciprocate kindness with kindness... even on Long Island.
My car was dropped off in Syosset. I purchased my car at Smithtown. My expectations were that I would get a loaner with and go home no issue. I was sadly mistaken. I’m pretty calm when it comes to most things however this situation was different. All bets are off once I feel insulted. After my experience in Syossett I can definitely say that Smithtown will pretty much jump through hoops to make sure you as a Tesla owner are satisfied.

At least I have something, that is true. If you don’t mind me asking, what is your car in for.
Not sure if directed toward me, but anyways... nothing major. My steering wheel was slightly off center a few degrees and there was a scratch on the inside of the windshield in front of the driver seat. Had an alignment done and windshield replaced.

These were the only 2 things I wanted taken care of from when I took delivery since it what I would deal with every time I drive.

If there were any canyon sized panel gaps or massive misalignment I didn’t notice them. It’s not my first Tesla so I know the ropes when it comes to fit and finish. That said. The new Y is heaps better than my old 3 in build quality.

Its a car. It will get wear and tear. Especially on the LIE. Basically a gravel road nowadays. Needs a good repavement. You’d think they would have done it when there were no cars on the road last year, but hey, what do I know. It’s only my tax money they use. Haha.

Not sure if directed toward me, but anyways... nothing major. My steering wheel was slightly off center a few degrees and there was a scratch on the inside of the windshield in front of the driver seat. Had an alignment done and windshield replaced.

These were the only 2 things I wanted taken care of from when I took delivery since it what I would deal with every time I drive.

If there were any canyon sized panel gaps or massive misalignment I didn’t notice them. It’s not my first Tesla so I know the ropes when it comes to fit and finish. That said. The new Y is heaps better than my old 3 in build quality.

Its a car. It will get wear and tear. Especially on the LIE. Basically a gravel road nowadays. Needs a good repavement. You’d think they would have done it when there were no cars on the road last year, but hey, what do I know. It’s only my tax money they use. Haha.
Thank you for sharing that. I did my research on the older models and their gaps. The Model Y did a better job this go around. However I did notice some imperfections on my car the day I took delivery. I believe that Tesla is a great company, with that being said they really need to improve on their customer service.

in the age of tech/social media -more complain than gratitude
Interesting, not sure how I should take this response. Nevertheless I will respond. In my day there was no social media but we held customer service in the highest regard. Customer service was the way companies were measured. Social media seems like the only way to get a response. Gratitude (noun) - The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and the return for kindness. In the customer service business it is your job to make sure that the customers needs are met. If customers have to resort to social media to address their complaints then clearly there is a disconnect. Companies like Tesla needs to address these concerns for we the consumer are the reason they are successful.

I totally agree that for a high end brand, I do expect Tesla to have better customer service. But not sure about other SC, my SC hired all 20 year old kids as service advisors and they had no clue what they were doing. I have dealt with 2 advisors and very disappointed both times. I have owned many different auto brands, and even Nissan has been customer service than Tesla. Pretty sad.