TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Loaner program change?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Max*, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Max*

Max* Not Banned

So I have yet another problem with my car, emailed them asking for a service appointment. Was pleasantly surprised that they have something next week.

FYI: I also got this:
    Seems they no longer let you reserve a loaner, and they changed from Enterprise to Hertz.

2. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

Must be *very* recent. I just was in for an "annual" service (went with Owings Mills this time) and I was able to set up a time that I would be getting a loaner.

I made sure to caveat my appointment scheduling with the fact that I was in no rush so the next available loaner would be fine whenever.

I feel like this might just be more of the Service Center inconsistency we've seen with regard to policies and the like.

• Like x 1
  3. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

Luckily in Dallas I've always been able to take a tesla loaner. They even truested me with a P100D and sadly I have to return it tomorrow... going back to my slower P85D

• Like x 1
  4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

I also think it's a local change. I took my car in for service yesterday in Austin for a semi-urgent problem (unable to charge) and they scheduled me to come at the end of the day when a loaner would be available.

5. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

It's been that way for the three years I've been involved. They reserve a comparable loaner if you are able to schedule in advance, or give you what they have (or a rental) if the appointment is more urgent. My loaners have ranged from an Enterprise SUV to an S60 to a P85D over the years. It seems reasonable that they would occasionally renegotiate rental terms with local vendors and switch as appropriate.

6. Max*

Max* Not Banned

It hasn't been that way at Tysons. I made it very clear in my email I'll wait for the next appointment, no hurry, to get a loaner. My problem is more of an annoyance. They said, well you can read it above in post 1, loaners are not scheduled anymore.

I don't care if they would've given me a base S 60 as a loaner, I just don't want the hassle of them driving me over to Enterprise, waiting to get a car, etc. It's a lot faster to get a loaner, plus I'd rather drive another Tesla vs. an ICE.

This must be a local recent change at Tysons then.

• Like x 1
  7. SoCal Tsla

SoCal Tsla Member

It was like that when I came in a week ago, and also for my friend when he came in 1.5 months ago or something. We go to the service center at Costa Mesa, CA BTW.

• Informative x 1
  8. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

It might be a response to a disconnect between the workload and number of available loaners.

If they don't have enough work to keep all the available techs busy but don't have loaners to give out right now (like they are waiting for parts in several undrivable cars or something,) this would be a reasonable solution.