Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Loaner Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that isnt very true at all. at least not for the Tesla's that run through manheim, I've actually taken a dive into it for a few months and the prices are all over the place, I've seen them sell for as low as 10k under MMR and they do sell above the stated MMR. it really depends who is there that day and what they are willing to pay. the MMR is also not accurate because it does not take into account the options the car has. remember this is a live auction, there really is no telling how much a car can or cannot sell for.

I was just going by @Xolt's post above which tells a different story:

MMR is a very accurate estimate of the sales price because it is based on actual sales of the cars at Manheim auctions. If the price is lower than MMR there is usually a reason for it being a less desirable car than others of the same make, model, year and condition. MMR factors in the previous recent sales of the same car, it's condition rating and miles. The MMR is so accurate that Manheim knows the car can be resold by them again at the approximate same price they will offer DealSheild, a guarantee that can be purchased at time of sale so a dealer can return the car and get a full refund of purchase price and buyer fees no questions asked if the dealer can't resell the car in 21 days as long as the car is in the same condition and hasn't driven over 500 miles.

How do you bid online? Is there a way to do a physical inspection?

Pretty sure you need a dealer's license and be setup in the Manheim auction system. Also, if you are near to the location, it is always recommended to do a visual inspection.

Otherwise, you work with someone (OP, or other), and they do the bidding for you and can send you a condition report and retail views in PDF format. This gives good info, but doesn't exactly beat an in person inspection.

Reactions: Manzacoty
Subscribed to the list! If you so happen to run into a P85 Black/Black. I'd be interested.

This is p85 black/black. Going through Denver on the 5th.

Attachments

• IMG_3262.PNG
    IMG_3262.PNG
    755 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Bebop
That is amazing! Thanks.

Any way to get all 10 photos?

And so would I pretty much find a dealer in Denver to help me out? Or are you a dealer yourself? The tricky part is the fact I'm not able to bid since I'm not a dealer.

I'm seriously interested.

That is amazing! Thanks.

Any way to get all 10 photos?

And so would I pretty much find a dealer in Denver to help me out? Or are you a dealer yourself? The tricky part is the fact I'm not able to bid since I'm not a dealer.

I'm seriously interested.

Yes, I can get you all the photos and a condition report that lists any damages. You can work with your own dealer or I could assit you with the purchase. I'm a dealer but only do this part time - my margins are 3.5% and I only do a handful of these a year. Clearly I can't eat by only doing this. I'm just a Tesla fanatic and owner and want to help as many people get into Tesla's.

Yes, I can get you all the photos and a condition report that lists any damages. You can work with your own dealer or I could assit you with the purchase. I'm a dealer but only do this part time - my margins are 3.5% and I only do a handful of these a year. Clearly I can't eat by only doing this. I'm just a Tesla fanatic and owner and want to help as many people get into Tesla's.

I so very much appreciate what you do and for your offer to help out. Well depending on the extent of damage (if any) + what you think this car would fetch at auction, of course, I wouldn't mind at all giving you more margin for your help.

Yeah if you don't mind I'd like to take a look at a condition report and photos and I'll make a decision based on that.

I so very much appreciate what you do and for your offer to help out. Well depending on the extent of damage (if any) + what you think this car would fetch at auction, of course, I wouldn't mind at all giving you more margin for your help.

Yeah if you don't mind I'd like to take a look at a condition report and photos and I'll make a decision based on that.
If you want to have an account to use for manheim I have the login credentials which you can use to see the inspection reports and have photos of the vehicle. You will not be able to bid using this. Please PM me if any of you want the credentials for free.

I'm curious if you are able to see who ended up buying said vehicle after the auction is done?

It's probably too late for me to do anything now. So I'm wondering if later on you can see what dealership bought that P85. Then i can track them down and get in contact in regards to buying it from them.

I'm curious if you are able to see who ended up buying said vehicle after the auction is done?

It's probably too late for me to do anything now. So I'm wondering if later on you can see what dealership bought that P85. Then i can track them down and get in contact in regards to buying it from them.

I don't think Manzacoty is going to have a whole lot of interest in sending you auction info on a car, then going out to find out who eventually bought it, just so you can go buy it from them.

The whole point of going through Manzacoty (from your perspective) is to save a lot of money. Once the dealership buys it, it will be MUCH more expensive.

Also, if you save the VIN, and just google that VIN after the auction - it will eventually come up as for sale on a dealer's lot (assuming a dealer bought it, which 95% will be bought by dealers).

Finally - the whole point is mute. What are you gaining by tracking a vehicle from auction to a dealer? If you are going to buy it from a dealer - just go shop the dealer's sites now. There's tons of Teslas for sale.

Reactions: Manzacoty
I don't think Manzacoty is going to have a whole lot of interest in sending you auction info on a car, then going out to find out who eventually bought it, just so you can go buy it from them.

The whole point of going through Manzacoty (from your perspective) is to save a lot of money. Once the dealership buys it, it will be MUCH more expensive.

Also, if you save the VIN, and just google that VIN after the auction - it will eventually come up as for sale on a dealer's lot (assuming a dealer bought it, which 95% will be bought by dealers).

Finally - the whole point is mute. What are you gaining by tracking a vehicle from auction to a dealer? If you are going to buy it from a dealer - just go shop the dealer's sites now. There's tons of Teslas for sale.

The "you" was technically rhetorical. I wasn't directing it at him.

That is true in regards to saving money. However, I haven't heard back and the car is off at auction now, so I'd have no choice but to buy from a dealer who bought it, if I'm interested in this specific car. However if it's possible to know what the car sold for at auction, it makes it easier to be able to haggle to reduce price.

A lot of times not every car is put up on say cars.com or Autotrader. There are only so many dealerships in the entire country. So it's more efficient and quicker to know who bought it and then track down the website and go from there.