Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla logo icon ... did you know?

NuttyM3

Jul 26, 2019
Papillion, NE
Some folks may already know this but I just stumbled across it today. I pressed and held my finger, for five to six seconds, over the Tesla logo at the top center of the screen display. When I did this it presented a pop up box asking for an access code to proceed. Obviously it’s not an Easter egg. Anyone know what this is for? I can only guess that it’s for the Tesla Service Center personnel to utilize.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
I don't know the code but it's for EAP beta settings like Car wash mode etc. Anyone here care to share (pm me if better)

DOCAL

May 5, 2016
San Jose, CA
Entering 007 used to be the way to enable James Bond mode, but that's now accessible from the toy box page instead.

As vickh sort of said, the code is for entering service mode where you can get more diagnostics from the car. I believe the code is now either dependent upon the VIN of the car, or changes automatically with time, or both.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC