Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla logos: plastidip v decals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to black out my Tesla logos on the front and rear of the model Y.

rather than removing the logos painting them and then having to reapply them, I was considering either buying the black sticker that you can get from AbstractOcean or plastidipping it.

I know the sticker will leave some of the chrome showing around the sides but I’ve heard plasty dipping does not hold well over time. Does anyone have experience with either or any recommendations/photos They can share?

Plasti-Dip is quick and easy. If you don't like it, you peel it off and try again and you can go to lowes for all the stuff and do it today. I plasti-dipped my rear emblems on car, and removed the T on the hood and did it off car. By far, I'd recommend doing it on car and masking off well.

-Jim

Attachments

• plasti-dip_t.jpeg
    plasti-dip_t.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 585
Plasti-Dip is quick and easy. If you don't like it, you peel it off and try again and you can go to lowes for all the stuff and do it today. I plasti-dipped my rear emblems on car, and removed the T on the hood and did it off car. By far, I'd recommend doing it on car and masking off well.

-Jim
Is it’s really as simple as taping off the area, spraying, and then peeling it off the excess?

From the YouTube videos I've watched, they also apply a clear UV coat as the final layer to protect it. Like others have said, it's easy, you can peel it off if you don't like and it cheap (around $20 for all of the supplies).

Do I have to cut around the logo after spraying or will it just pull up around the logo on its own?

I did plastidip. It was quick and easy. Just needs a lot of patience and find things to do between coatings (I did 15 mins intervals). I did around 6~7 coats and it came out as expected. I did use a small toothpick to trace the outline of the emblems while peeling (just to be safe).

• Informative
Reactions: CO_MY