Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla long distance trips and rallyes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello together, tomorrow I'll start a 10.000 km trip through Europe - can be tracked online under Hotels mit 32A Stromtankstellen - Charge hotels - where you can charge your e-car vehicle - and I'm wondering if you are interested on organising/paritipication to a world round trip or Europe rallye. Not this easy "meet the time" ones, but like Paris-Dakkar!
The one who is the fastest one wins.
Only these kind of rallyes will push the others to improve range and charge velocity, the most important things for us ;)
Let's move the world together - concentrated power is stronger!

Have been toying with the idea of driving from the Atlantic to the Pacific (east to west coast USA) and have just started to research whether anyone has done it yet....?

Atlantic Beach (FL) to Redondo Beach (CA) is 2,524 miles on a route that doesn't have open spaces longer than 230 miles. So it could be done in 5 days but would probably be easier in 6 or 7.

Renew America Roadtrip: Crossing the U.S. in a Tesla Roadster for Charity : TreeHugger
renew-america-tesla-electric-car-photo2.jpg

And don't forget Kris Trexler's "Charge Across America" trip covering 3275 miles from Los Angeles to Troy, Michigan in 1998. This was in a first-generation GM EV1 with lead-acid batteries that provided only 60-70 miles range! That required a lot more planning, including arrangements for an Arizona Public Server linemen to drop a line from a power pole near an exit on I-17.