Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Long Range Price hike?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the phone with a sales advisor in Fremont and he kept telling me I should put the deposit down for the Long Range MS to secure the current price. I couldn't tell if this was a sales tactic or if he knew more information. The Base MS price has been pretty flat for a while now, so wanted to see what folks thought. Do people think a price hike is coming for the Long Range Model S?

I'd expect a price increase pretty soon, or when deliveries actually start maybe more in maybe Aug/September+. Probably a good $5-10K price hike should occur as the car's competition like Lucid now is more expensive. Price increases have occurred on every other model incrementally and Model S LR won't be any different - if not only for inflation reasons at rate that is increasing pretty rapidly now (not transient).

Wouldn't hurt to plop down $100 to get an order in if looking at a LR soon - probably won't get a new order placed today until at least Nov/Dec in reality. Our pretty old order bumped out to October now, is blank again, and I expect it to keep pushing out depending on when they finally get the production line going at a decent pace.

Reactions: BBB4000
I was on the phone with a sales advisor in Fremont and he kept telling me I should put the deposit down for the Long Range MS to secure the current price. I couldn't tell if this was a sales tactic or if he knew more information. The Base MS price has been pretty flat for a while now, so wanted to see what folks thought. Do people think a price hike is coming for the Long Range Model S?
Id say the probability of prices rising would be about 100%...

We are in a strong inflationary cycle...everything is becoming more expensive with the massive spending bills our congress is passing...so hes prob telling you the honest truth.

Reactions: BBB4000