Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla losing free access to toll lanes in Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did anyone else get the email this morning from metro expresslanes stating that tolls on the i10 &i110 will be charged starting March 1 even with the red or purple hov sticker?

Was there any earlier notification? I don't remember any.

I see that now. Looks like it was covered on jalopnik.com and Los Angeles daily Mail. I guess my bad not reading those daily (more my bad not being more active on this forum).

Doesn’t it feel weird that metro expresslanes didn’t bother to email anyone until 19 days after the assembly bill 544 required us to buy a new car if we wanted to continue to have stickers?

I am one of those that purchased a car in late December to apply for the purple sticker. My previous car was paid off but had green stickers. My commute is 95% toll lanes. So my new car just got expensive when you add $550-$700 in tolls a month.

I see that now. Looks like it was covered on jalopnik.com and Los Angeles daily Mail. I guess my bad not reading those daily (more my bad not being more active on this forum).

Doesn’t it feel weird that metro expresslanes didn’t bother to email anyone until 19 days after the assembly bill 544 required us to buy a new car if we wanted to continue to have stickers?

I am one of those that purchased a car in late December to apply for the purple sticker. My previous car was paid off but had green stickers. My commute is 95% toll lanes. So my new car just got expensive when you add $550-$700 in tolls a month.

I guess EVs are a victim of their own popularity. As I understand it, this is happening worldwide as EVs become more mainstream.