Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla lost bank check, then claimed it bounced, now threatening repo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same, paper checks make me super nervous for many reasons, I avoid them every chance I can get.

Tim
Paper checks are super sketchy. A lot of people fail to realize anyone that sees your checks can use your account to pay for online stuff. It has routing and account information actually printed on it. Any place that allows you to pay using that info would allow someone to use your account. My payroll account at my work had this happen. Someone used their final check (only check we write because we use a payroll service for normal checks) to enter the information on a verizon account. They paid their phone bill using our account.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I just had them take the amount straight from my bank account via plaid. Bing boom done. Too many worries about shipping a check, regardless of method.
I looked into using Plaid because it was mentioned here in the forums for Tesla payment. I'm very comfortable with electronic banking, various forms of e-transfers etc. But when I visited the site and begin to create a profile, it became evident that Plaid requests your bank login credentials, those that give access to all accounts and online banking capabilities. This seems like poor security practice and I'm not comfortable setting this up for one major transaction.

Some might say, well Plaid is supported by many banks - but to me that's all the more reason that they could set up some sort of limited-access security token scheme that doesn't give full password and access.

I looked into using Plaid because it was mentioned here in the forums for Tesla payment. I'm very comfortable with electronic banking, various forms of e-transfers etc. But when I visited the site and begin to create a profile, it became evident that Plaid requests your bank login credentials, those that give access to all accounts and online banking capabilities. This seems like poor security practice and I'm not comfortable setting this up for one major transaction.

Some might say, well Plaid is supported by many banks - but to me that's all the more reason that they could set up some sort of limited-access security token scheme that doesn't give full password and access.

I did Plaid, but removed the authorization after my payment was accepted and completed.

Tim

Reactions: Asad1087