Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Low Trade-in Value

Ty_EV

Jan 19, 2020
Toronto
I have a 2020 M3 Standard Range Plus was purchased Jan 27,2020 with the added sport rims and around 30k. Was only offered $30,100 from Tesla for a car that’s only 12 months old, Elon stated on record that these cars will hold their value, losing 50% of its value after one year is mind blowing.

I weird thing about it a 3rd party used car dealer offered me more for the car at $39,000 don’t know what going on with Tesla.

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Take the other offer and move on. Tesla isn’t setup to sell large number of used cars so they price low. They also will wholesale anything that isn’t fully original. So your added wheels are a negative to then.

also make sure you take into account any federal incentive in calculating your initial cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4 and 5abi

Ty_EV

Jan 19, 2020
Toronto
Take the other offer and move on. Tesla isn’t setup to sell large number of used cars so they price low. They also will wholesale anything that isn’t fully original. So your added wheels are a negative to then.

also make sure you take into account any federal incentive in calculating your initial cost.
The rims are the original sport rims purchased from Tesla at the time of purchase

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus

Smytty

Mar 3, 2020
Ottawa, ON
If you buy a new car and sell after a year, your going to live with the same problem - depreciation is greatest in the first year. Just don’t sell it yet - hang onto it for another year or two. Or sell privately if you really have to unload it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC