Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lowered Price of Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. That wall connector price decrease was a while ago. But today there are reports that the prviously included corded mobile connectors are no longer included in delivered cars. $400. Ouch, if true.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Velcade
Yup. That wall connector price decrease was a while ago. But today there are reports that the prviously included corded mobile connectors are no longer included in delivered cars. $400. Ouch, if true.

If Tesla stops providing the mobile charger that will be a dumb move. Nothing like paying over $60k for an EV and not even being able to charge it without forking over another $275 for the mobile connector. If you can even get one as they are always out of stock.

They were out of stock when I placed my order on January 3 2022
It arrived on my front porch on January 18th and was installed on January 27th in my garage.
Now if only my M Y will ever arrive?
Am I upset?
NO!
I would urge everyone to read this book to obtain a better understanding of what it takes to manufacture an automobile.

Attachments

• Power Play IMG_7909.jpg
    Power Play IMG_7909.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 66
Correction: $275, not $400. Still sucks.
There are different two types of the Tesla Mobile Connector. The version that is included with every Tesla vehicle has a modular power plug that enables using the Mobile Connector with different 120V and 240V power plugs for different receptacles. You can purchase additional power plug adapters from Tesla.

The second version of the Mobile Connector is called the Corded Mobile Connector, has a fixed power plug that terminates with a NEMA 14-50 plug. That one has been out of stock for well over a year (but has not been removed from the Tesla online store.) The second version supports charging at 240V and up to 40 amps. The version that uses modular power plug adapters supports charging at 240V and up to 32 amps.

I’ve just been using the mobile connector supplied with my MS for 2 years. I bought the 14-50 adapter and have it plugged in to a 30 amp outlet. I get 18 miles per hour, which is plenty since I charge overnight to get the off-peak EV charging rates.
I’ve been thinking of upgrading to the wall charger and a 50 amp breaker when the Y comes in. But don’t know if it’s worth it. So far the mobile connector has been fine.

I’ve just been using the mobile connector supplied with my MS for 2 years. I bought the 14-50 adapter and have it plugged in to a 30 amp outlet. I get 18 miles per hour, which is plenty since I charge overnight to get the off-peak EV charging rates.
I’ve been thinking of upgrading to the wall charger and a 50 amp breaker when the Y comes in. But don’t know if it’s worth it. So far the mobile connector has been fine.
I believe you have a 14-30 adapter and receptacle. The 14-50 adapter and receptacle are for a 50 amp circuit.