TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Tesla Lunch Cookout and Champlain Cable Factory Tour - AUG 15 10:30-1:00

Discussion in 'New England' started by ToddRLockwood, Aug 13, 2015.

1. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Burlington, Vermont
    #1 ToddRLockwood, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Tesla owners from the northeast region are invited to join us this Saturday at Champlain Cable Corporation in Colchester, Vermont for a lunch cookout and factory tour. (10 minutes north of Burlington, off I-89 Exit 16) The event starts at 10:30 am on Saturday, August 15. There will be a factory tour for us at 11 am sharp.

Champlain Cable manufactures the orange high-voltage cable used in the Model S. 200 to 300 of Champlain's employees will be on hand for this event, many of them getting their first up-close look at a Model S.

This factory tour should be quite interesting, and it will be great fun to show our cars to people who had a hand in creating them.

Please Private Message me if you plan to attend, and please provide a headcount. Thanks!

2. mmccord

mmccord Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Pine Bush, NY
    Cool stuff and thanks! I'm from NY, but happen to be spending the weekend in Colchester. Have to run it by the wife. Will PM when I know for sure.
  3. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Jun 7, 2011
    I had a great time today! The factory was fascinating. The employees were very welcoming and a couple of them gave me a special tour after we showed them our cars. They made cables for the space shuttle, various special aircraft and a host of other unique applications. Thanks Todd for helping make this happen and thanks to the many gracious people at Champlain Cable.