Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla M3 boot mat design change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just notice the design of the all weather M3 boot mat has now changed, looks a bit meh imo.

1642798661159.jpeg

Slightly off-topic: I’ve a boot mat in my 2019 M3. Have there been any changes to the boot that mean when I come to swap it for a newer one - I’m better off leaving it with the car? Or will it fit newer ones just fine. I’m guessing my frunk mat’s 50/50 given the changes there.

Slightly off-topic: I’ve a boot mat in my 2019 M3. Have there been any changes to the boot that mean when I come to swap it for a newer one - I’m better off leaving it with the car? Or will it fit newer ones just fine. I’m guessing my frunk mat’s 50/50 given the changes there.
I don't think there is any change, Tesla only sell one design of boot mat for all generations of Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: nufan and spdpsba
I have it in mine, its definitely different to the original design that had the 'Model 3' logo/emblem on it that my mate bought for his 2019 Model 3 when it first came out.

IMG_6958.jpeg

Its very decent but it's not perfect. Good quality, though I really wish they hadn't rolled it up when shipping it and had just shipped it in a large, flat box - because it's hard work getting it leveled out. You need to add weights to the sides and it still doesnt sit completely flush as you can see - though its better since I took this photo.

If you use the under-boot storage regularly then you can still get to it, albeit its more of a struggle - especially if you've got stuff in the main boot. Some kind of hinge/split would have been a much better design I think.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it and I needed something that got delivered quickly - otherwise I might have waited and got a 3rd party option.