Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla M3 damaged Nov 2020 still not repaired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need help being talked off the ledge. My model 3's hood and windshield were damaged by a large hook that flew off a semi on I-25 in Denver last November. It was immediately reported to insurance, check received and given to Tesla authorized repair shop by early December.

Parts needed: new hood, windshield, wiper arm

I have patiently waited until the parts came in....the repair shop said they did and to bring the car in yesterday. When I arrived they said they didn't have all the parts but could start the work anyways.

I can tell from my app they have not moved my car and left it outdoors in 15 degree weather and 8" of snow last night. They have NEVER returned a single call of mine during this process. I have to call back to get any info. I got the insurance adjuster back involved this morning.

I am so angry that I am planning on blowing the car's horn starting at noon today until they return my call. Have I lost my mind?

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: qdeathstar and KenC
Sorry to hear. Sadly all depends on the typical: location location location and Tesla Service Center, Certified Body Shop vs the rest. Thats how the parts get prioritized in terms of availability and shipping.

Beyond that certain parts are definetly harder to come by: particularly the trunk/hatch/liftgate, certain chassis, structural components, etc.

Hoods are readily available, windshields and other glass too (although there is high demand for these given the design of the car and the relatively large fleet roaming the globe now).

Finally many parts ship damaged or become damaged in transport... most shops will either hide this and attempt to proceed with the repair using damaged parts or will request replacements until an unscathed raw hood or a true quarter panel arrives from the regional Tesla warehouses.

The infra around all this is still in its infancy and far from ideal. Another afterthought just like service and customer support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommie
Sorry to hear. Sadly all depends on the typical: location location location and Tesla Service Center, Certified Body Shop vs the rest. Thats how the parts get prioritized in terms of availability and shipping.

Beyond that certain parts are definetly harder to come by: particularly the trunk/hatch/liftgate, certain chassis, structural components, etc.

Hoods are readily available, windshields and other glass too (although there is high demand for these given the design of the car and the relatively large fleet roaming the globe now).

Finally many parts ship damaged or become damaged in transport... most shops will either hide this and attempt to proceed with the repair using damaged parts or will request replacements until an unscathed raw hood or a true quarter panel arrives from the regional Tesla warehouses.

The infra around all this is still in its infancy and far from ideal. Another afterthought just like service and customer support.
They just returned the car to me with a check for the full refund. Turns out they lied. They never ordered the parts. They were going to try and repair the hood instead of replace it and never do the windshield repair. Thank you so much for your reply. I have an appt this Friday at the Tesla service center and they repair hoods and windshields locally near me now. At the time of the damage to my car, they did not offer that service.

I need help being talked off the ledge. My model 3's hood and windshield were damaged by a large hook that flew off a semi on I-25 in Denver last November. It was immediately reported to insurance, check received and given to Tesla authorized repair shop by early December.

Parts needed: new hood, windshield, wiper arm

I have patiently waited until the parts came in....the repair shop said they did and to bring the car in yesterday. When I arrived they said they didn't have all the parts but could start the work anyways.

I can tell from my app they have not moved my car and left it outdoors in 15 degree weather and 8" of snow last night. They have NEVER returned a single call of mine during this process. I have to call back to get any info. I got the insurance adjuster back involved this morning.

I am so angry that I am planning on blowing the car's horn starting at noon today until they return my call. Have I lost my mind?
Not laughing at your situation, just the last paragraph. Do eeeeet

• Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru