Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla M3 Long Reach 2021 is identified as "Performance" by insurers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings from the Netherlands!

I am about to become a new member of the club and expecting M3 LR 2021 later this month.
When I try to get an insurance quote, most insurers look up the car by the plate number (RDW) and identify it as M3 Performance with 340kW of power.

That makes insurers either completely rejecting the application or making the premium too high. Did you experience something similar with new LR cars?
Did my best to search through the forum but didn't have much success.

Here is what the RDW Kentekencheck says:
* Merk: TESLA
* Type: 003
* Variant: E3LD
* Uitvoering: BGB1S5T1

Cheers!

I did, yes. My Tesla representative says that it is Long Reach and it should've been registered properly.

Interestingly, the RDW database doesn't say anything explicitly about Standard vs Long Range vs Performance. It has a set of codes for battery (E3LD) and some sort of variation (BGB1S5T1).

One of the insurance companies says that the power of the card is 340kW.

And I can't quite figure out if:
* The car is inaccurately registered with RDW
* Or the Tesla 3 2021 got 340kW of power nowadays (same as the Performance modification)

This is a snapshot from RDW database:
Voertuigcategorie Personenauto (M1)
Carrosserietype Sedan (AA)
Inrichting sedan

Merk TESLA
Type 003
Variant E3LD
Uitvoering BGB1S5T1
Kleur Rood
Handelsbenaming MODEL 3
Typegoedkeuringsnummere 4*2007/46*1293*17

However, it pops up as "PERFORMANCE" on anwb.nl, for example
11.png

This is a snapshot from RDW database:

However, it pops up as "PERFORMANCE" on anwb.nl, for example
View attachment 670904
When I try my license plate on Premie Veilig Rijden Autoverzekering berekenen it also states PERFORMANCE. But it’s a Long Range.

I think it’s because this website doesn’t know the exact type. When you check Autowaarde berekenen | ANWB Koerslijst - kentekencheck, you’ll see that you have to select a type. And the first in the list is PERFORMANCE.

Thanks for the hint! The major problem is that ANWB won't insure me with the PERFORMANCE (because it thinks it has 340kW and it is a freaking beast).
But ANWB quite okay to insure me with LONG RANGE (which is supposed to be 258kW).

Interestingly, ANWB actually knows the difference between Performance and even 2 versions of Long Range. This is from the link you posted.

22.png

Wait, what do you mean by "that's impossible"?
My future car was delivered to Tilburg sometime in early June 2021. I thought this fits the 2021-model, no? :rolleyes:

Really appreciate the responsiveness of the community 👍
Ah, I didn’t know that. I thought you’ve bought a second hand car. That was because you spoke about 258 kW (the old one) and not about 324 kW (the new one).

What is your license plate? Maybe I can look into other sources.