TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Marketing Email

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by graham, Dec 23, 2008.

1. graham

graham Active Member

Tesla owners received an email from Michael van der Sande this evening.

It included a recap of recent news, all of which has been covered here and is not worth repeating. But here is an edited version with some of the personal touches from the new VP:

2. shark2k

shark2k Member

Sweet. I'm particularly liking the part about a service center in NY since I live in Jersey and would love to have a center close so I can see the Roadster in person.

-Shark2k

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

It's smaller than you think.

4. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Yes, my impressions was that it was a lot smaller, a lot nicer looking than the pictures tell you, and especially the steering wheel is tiny...

Cobos

5. Joseph

Joseph Member

The Lotus Elise is tiny, the Roadster is just small.

The Roadster is a big step up from the Elise in terms of luxury and interior space/comfort. The Roadster is a proper sports car, not a gt or anything of the sort.

There really isn't anything to complain about (unless you're 6'4" or something)

6. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Zak is 6'5" and he is one of the top customer relationship people. :) He looks fine in the car. I am 6'3" and my hair definitely is in the wind with the top off.

I have heard that other tall people cannot see the dials while driving. I don't recall from my test drive. I was too excited to actually be driving to pay attention.

7. graham

graham Active Member

#7 graham, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
    I am 6'4" and I had no problems seeing the dash that during my times in the car.

I can also fit comfortably in the car with either the soft top or the hard top on. (testing this was a requirement of me putting my deposit down in the first place). There is plenty of leg room length-wise, but very little width wise. This means that I can comfortably get my knees around the steering wheel, but heaven help me if I ever want to change positions.

And getting out of the car with the top on is a bit... humbling.

Edit to add: Honestly, my 5'3" wife had more problems with driving the car than I did. The seat back does not adjust - so she had to wedge my jacket behind her to see properly. We have since talked to some 5'1" Elise drivers who claim that it is still possible to drive (without sitting on a jacket), but takes some getting used to.

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I always think of this picture when I hear that:
    [​IMG]

9. graham

graham Active Member

oh, Gavin is quite graceful, actually. On the other hand, I am more likely to end up sprawled face down on the pavement.

Not a great way to show off a sexy new car.

10. Joseph

Joseph Member

"There really isn't anything to complain about (unless you're 6'4" or something)"

Ok, fine, unless you're 7'4" or something :wink: