Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Master Plan Part 2 & 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe Elon will go the way o Google Fiber, pick a small city, completely taking over the power and transportation infrastructure, rebuild the roads to be AP-friendly, with sensors and signals communicating with autonomous cars, and rebuild the power grid to link every house and businesses together so people can charge their car and drive or even power their homw, or go in reverse, use their car to store excess energy from their home solar panel and offload to the city grid. If this works for 1 city, then fan it out.

Maybe Elon will go the way o Google Fiber, pick a small city, completely taking over the power and transportation infrastructure, rebuild the roads to be AP-friendly, with sensors and signals communicating with autonomous cars, and rebuild the power grid to link every house and businesses together so people can charge their car and drive or even power their homw, or go in reverse, use their car to store excess energy from their home solar panel and offload to the city grid. If this works for 1 city, then fan it out.

That would be SO cool!

Part 2 of the master plan got delayed, because:
bitofadistraction.jpg

hmm...its now Tuesday. Elon isn't exactly bolstering my confidence in his ability to hit deadlines. With a reputation for being late, you would think he'd be more careful with putting out date-sensitive info.

Twitter isn't exactly an official source for deadlines, and even if it was, he merely said "afterwards", which technically speaking, can be anytime between the landing and the end of time. :p

hmm...its now Tuesday. Elon isn't exactly bolstering my confidence in his ability to hit deadlines. With a reputation for being late, you would think he'd be more careful with putting out date-sensitive info.

You would think that people would be more careful when reading so that comprehension of the written word wouldn't be so difficult for them. He said 'hopefully'. He didn't promise by a specific date. Meaning there was no hard/specific or otherwise date or time frame. He'd 'hoped' to have it published by the end of the week. Clearly he's a busy man, clearly other things are going on in his life and businesses that he wasnt able to publish it when he'd 'hoped' to.

And it's not 'date sensitive'. It's a long term plan for the company moving forward to a new/revised end goal. A goal that will take years to accomplish.

1. Build solar time shifting home energy system to cover home charging costs.
2. Build multi platform low cost versions of the model 3 (pickup, convertable, van)
3. Build heavy truck platform.
4. Add solar arrays to all SC stations

i know he's your rolemodel and all, but is there really a reason to attack me?

he said hopefully by end of week. then when people were clamoring for it by friday, he said the week ends on sunday. then on sunday, he made an excuse. then says he's working on it monday.

well, if you wanted to get it out last week, you probably should have been working on it before this week.

i mean, i realize it it's not a huge deal and isn't going to affect my enthusiasm for tesla and its ultimate goal. i just wish elon was as excited about making deadlines as he is headlines.

You would think that people would be more careful when reading so that comprehension of the written word wouldn't be so difficult for them.

#1: Tesla needs to flesh out the product lineup - assuming the intent is to become a non-niche builder. If you look at BMW / Mercedes as models, you would need the 2 series to 7 series, a couple of SUVs, plus at least one halo "sports car".

#2 They need to come out with an upgraded supercharger - 800 V, 300 kw. And they need for the batteries to be able to take that sort of charge rate, so that you can get 200 miles in 15 minutes.. And they need to be able to adapt to the SAE charging standard, even if the SAE standard is sh!t.
Just took a 500 mile trip and we took a break for coffee in the morning and 30-40 minutes for lunch - every time we were ready, the car was ready sooner. I need a break from driving at least every 3-4 hours so the SC speed fits me just fine. We usually stopped at every other SC.

Reactions: Falkirk
Just took a 500 mile trip and we took a break for coffee in the morning and 30-40 minutes for lunch - every time we were ready, the car was ready sooner. I need a break from driving at least every 3-4 hours so the SC speed fits me just fine. We usually stopped at every other SC.

And that happens to me about half of the time. The other half of the time I need to charge right to the top to reasonably make my destination and so that can take 1:10 to 1:20. Killing that amount of time when I'm looking to get rolling gets pretty old.

upload_2016-7-19_15-20-32.png

Why does he put soo much pressure on himself like that? He didn't have to announce the master plan until he was fully ready to do so...And it's not that important, we all know what's is going to be, and it's not going to be the model 3 unveil...lol so why is he pulling an all nighter ? I mean I can't wait to see him announce it, but still it's not the end of the world if I wait another month or something to see him...

A lot of people - myself included - work better when they have publicly accountable deadlines. I don't think Elon has a problem with working hard, but he might have perfectionist tendencies which an accountable deadline helps him move beyond.

Absolutely. Who said accountability can't be fun.

Beyond that, the well-intentioned "don't push yourself so hard - it's okay if it takes another week" will only ensure that it won't get done for another week.

Like Bonnie and others, I think this is about Tesla Energy, explaining what they're planning. Tesla Energy _needs_ solar and solar needs the largest solar company in the USA to survive. The aim will be simple: to have solar and battery in every home and business. To do that they need to sell the expensive stuff now so they can continue to work to bring down prices. And BTW, the expensive stuff will be (re)launched end of July.

Reactions: HankLloydRight