Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Master Plan Part 2 & 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's part 2 of Elon's master plan summary:

Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage
Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments
Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning
Enable your car to make money for you when you aren't using it

Master Plan, Part Deux

I expected this to be a plug for support to buy SolarCity - we'll see how that goes. Pushing to buy Peter Rive's (his cousin's) company won't fly so easily but if they get a good deal then maybe in time... The two new models are a bit of a distraction since the MX is struggling to be perfect and Model 3 hasn't even released yet. Autonomy that he spoke of is about a decade away at minimum. All cool and out there though.

• Disagree
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I don't know why I thought it was going to be about the Model 3.... As for his plan - it's a good plan. The ultimate goal is obviously full autonomy, but that's very far away, so Tesla is focusing on saturating the market with *most types of vehicles, and focusing on engineering and machining. Also solar & battery and stuff.

I expected this to be a plug for support to buy SolarCity - we'll see how that goes. Pushing to buy Peter Rive's (his cousin's) company won't fly so easily but if they get a good deal then maybe in time... The two new models are a bit of a distraction since the MX is struggling to be perfect and Model 3 hasn't even released yet. Autonomy that he spoke of is about a decade away at minimum. All cool and out there though.

Well if this is supposed to be another 10 year plan, seems about right level of ambition to me.

tl;dr/executive summary:
Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage
Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments
Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning
Enable your car to make money for you when you aren't using it
Master Plan, Part Deux

Reactions: idoco