Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, Maxpider, Weathertech Floormats for 2023 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla website claims that the model 3 floormats do not fit the 2023 model 3. Weathertech does not yet officially claim support for the 2023 Model 3. Maxpider claims to fit the 2023 model3. Does any one have first hand experience with these in a 2023 model 3?

Regards,
Drew

Reactions: cubicalclang
There is an Amazon review on the 3D Maxpider mats from a claimed 2023 owner saying they fit great. I'm trying to figure this out too. I've used the 3D Maxpider mats in many vehicles and they've always been great; I am a weirdo though and like everything to match; the fact that their various cargo mats are significantly more expensive than the Tesla mats is a little annoying.

The Tesla website claims that the model 3 floormats do not fit the 2023 model 3. Weathertech does not yet officially claim support for the 2023 Model 3. Maxpider claims to fit the 2023 model3. Does any one have first hand experience with these in a 2023 model 3?

Regards,
Drew
Where do you see that? Just ordered mats from Tesla for my 2023. Says nothing about that in the Tesla shop within the app

Where do you see that? Just ordered mats from Tesla for my 2023. Says nothing about that in the Tesla shop within the app

I just double checked and both the carpet and all-weather mats specifically say “This accessory fits your 2023 Model 3”.

For several days the all weather mats didn’t appear at all in the shop for accounts with only the 2023 Model 3. That’s what OP was talking about.

Received the Tesla full set of mats today. Disappointed to see they’re just WeatherTechs stamped with a Tesla logo (how do I know - stickers on mats and boxes listing WeatherTech as the supplier). Also it’s cold and they’re all rolled up so have to rest with weights on them for a while before I can actually use them.

Received the Tesla full set of mats today. Disappointed to see they’re just WeatherTechs stamped with a Tesla logo (how do I know - stickers on mats and boxes listing WeatherTech as the supplier). Also it’s cold and they’re all rolled up so have to rest with weights on them for a while before I can actually use them.
I have had these for 18 months and they are excellent.

A lot of manufacturers farm out their mats because there are companies better suited to making them. In general WeatherTech makes some fairly good mats. I'm currently using their generic trim-to-fit set of mats (which fit fine and are of good quality, although it doesn't have edge coverage like the custom scanned mats, plus the rear mats don't cover much). I only recently got some scanned mats (mainly to address 2nd row), given now the prices are reasonable on eBay with tons of options.

Last edited:
A lot of manufacturers farm out their mats because there are companies better suited to making them. In general WeatherTech makes some fairly good mats. I'm currently using their generic trim-to-fit set of mats (which fit fine and are of good quality, although it doesn't have edge coverage like the custom scanned mats, plus the rear mats don't cover much). I only recently got some scanned mats (mainly to address 2nd row), given now the prices are reasonable on eBay with tons of options.

I know all about house labeled products and subcontracted item,s. I don't have any issue with it. I do have an issue with WeatherTech's materials; 3D MaxPider mats dampen sound better, and sound is an issue for me. I didn't like their pricing compared to OE; since Tesla's parts are pretty well priced I didn't think they'd use that cheap stuff. But with their guaranteed restocking fees I am stuck so that's a bummer.

All but the trunk mat have flattened out after sitting in our home office for however long, two days I guess since I unpacked them. Trunk mat still fairly curled. Will see tomorrow I guess.

The only issue I have with the Tesla/WeatherTech mats is the "dead pedal" is only covered halfway.

Yes, I took mitigation steps to overcome this limitation. ;)

IMG_2093.jpeg

I have the 3dmaxspider in my 2023 M3 RWD no issues with fitment Decided not to get weather tech after my father has had his drivers side mat fail 2 times on his Jeep(Split) and my mothers mat in her Roge loves to curl up and herd nothing but good things about 3Dmaxspider so got it and lave them they have a velcro like material to keep them in place.

I know all about house labeled products and subcontracted item,s. I don't have any issue with it. I do have an issue with WeatherTech's materials; 3D MaxPider mats dampen sound better, and sound is an issue for me. I didn't like their pricing compared to OE; since Tesla's parts are pretty well priced I didn't think they'd use that cheap stuff. But with their guaranteed restocking fees I am stuck so that's a bummer.

All but the trunk mat have flattened out after sitting in our home office for however long, two days I guess since I unpacked them. Trunk mat still fairly curled. Will see tomorrow I guess.
I personally don't care about soundproofing, but rather durability and easy washing, so I guess it's a matter of priorities. The Tesla mats use TPE (thermoplastic elastomer), which is the same material as the trim to fit Weathertech mats (which I have no complaints about).
https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-3-all-weather-interior-liners

3D Max uses TPR on top which is almost the same thing (only difference I can find is it is more reflective and less soft than TPE), XPE foam in the middle, and fibers on the bottom for grip.
https://images.carid.com/3d-maxpider/info/pdf/3dmaxpider-catalog.pdf

The differences between TPE and TPR: a handy guide

The foam might help with thermal and shock insulation (although depending on thickness might not be much), but I'm skeptical of how measurable any sound proofing properties would be (this applies to a lot of aftermarket products that claim to reduce sound). The placebo effect might be much stronger than any real advantage.

Reactions: TBrownTX
During November delivery, Tesla SA in Portland confirmed that 2022 weather tech mats would be compatible with our 2023 M3 because the interior floor design was the same. We went ahead and picked up the ‘22 and it fits just fine. We had an accident on the passenger floor side… super easy to pullout the mat, drain, scrub clean with soapy water, and out back inside. Super pleased!

Reactions: TBrownTX