Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla may have been on Autopilot in California crash which killed two

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Increase requirements for getting a driving license.
I think we should have that, but what would be the standard though? If you look at pilot training for airplane autopilot, there is training for each type of airplane. I can't imagine anyone can afford that type of training system for drivers. It's probably cheaper to have some type of system monitoring the drivers to make sure they pay proper attention. And add substantial fine/penalty to anyone abusing the system.

I think we should have that, but what would be the standard though? If you look at pilot training for airplane autopilot, there is training for each type of airplane. I can't imagine anyone can afford that type of training system for drivers. It's probably cheaper to have some type of system monitoring the drivers to make sure they pay proper attention. And add substantial fine/penalty to anyone abusing the system.
Or, ya know, replace the drivers entirely :D
The best driver is no driver
-Pseduo Elon

Since the new update recognizes stop signs and stop lights it should be fairly easy to warn driver or stop the car when someone is approaching those and not slowing down. I suspect said feature will be coming shortly with a simple override by stepping on the accelerator.