Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla May Need To Slow Down Electric Vehicle Production"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another definition: a consultant is someone who, when asked what time it is, will ask to borrow your watch. You should realize, however, that this is a valuable service if the client is blind.

[Disclaimer: I've been a consultant my entire professional life.]

My service is usually to remind them they have a watch, how to read it, when to read it and when to ignore it and why. Sometimes have to lead them to where their reading glasses were left. Consulting boils down to telling them something they really already know somewhere in deep bowels of their business.

KPI's to the rescue!

I think my favorite part is where they say Elon should hire a "seasoned auto exec" to run the place.

Find a problem with a car on the line? "Don't worry, they'll catch it at the dealership."

I think they're doing just fine - no one should run a company the way Wall Street wants them to, and the fact that Tesla does things differently flat out confuses analysts.

Now, if Elon finally blows a fuse from overwork, then I'll worry. Until then I'm keeping my Tesla stock.

We've got a long way to good.
I approve this turn of phrase. To be clear, I'm not being sarcastic. It expressed what you meant, as evidenced in the following sentence. :)

- - - Updated - - -

How hard can it be to find a few out of work (or job-shopping) OCD anal-retentive quality control inspectors in California with experience in automotive factories? :confused:

After a few days looking over Elon's shoulder, they should know good from bad for every point of inspection to meet the same tolerance levels Elon sets for current vehicles to pass muster.
I think if you told them it meant getting their cars a week earlier, some of the California members of TMC would sign up immediately for weekend shift as unpaid volunteers.

I thought the article was bad until I scrolled down to the comments. I think this article is a clear indication to buy the stock and invest in Tesla.

- Why on earth would you hire a seasoned auto exec? I think most "seasoned" execs have done a fine job running auto companies to the ground. The only 2 CEOs that I feel are worthy of their titles are Akio Toyoda and Elon Musk.

- Downshift to 5th gear... lol clearly he doesn't drive.

- Everybody forgets that the NUMMI plant made 6,000 cars A WEEK at peak operation with excellent build quality (I thought corolla's were great!)

- Usually when you have people that don't know what they are talking about... the opposite position is correct

Licata undermines his own credibility from the start. He says, "Still, Musk's, declaration via Twitter that Tesla made 100 vehicles may turn some heads." Musk said Tesla made 100 vehicle bodies, not 100 vehicles. That's an important difference and Licata should know.

What's more, they made 100 in a WEEK--not total--as the article seems to misunderstand.

- - - Updated - - -

Licata undermines his own credibility from the start. He says, "Still, Musk's, declaration via Twitter that Tesla made 100 vehicles may turn some heads." Musk said Tesla made 100 vehicle bodies, not 100 vehicles. That's an important difference and Licata should know.

What's more, they made 100 in a WEEK--not total--as the article seems to misunderstand.

There was another statement of 100 production cars completed, with 74 going to customers and the rest for stores, testing, etc. Perhaps this was mixed up?
No, I won't go and read said article. No way I will contribute to page hits on that.

Ah, you guys are right. This guy doesn't know what the average Tesla enthusiast does. Everything seems to be going right with the company and they really are starting to deliver cars. Pretty soon, the product will be able to speak for itself.