TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

tesla MC240-1 Charger

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by rlassand, Oct 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rlassand

rlassand Member

I recently discovered an unused Tesla MC240-1 charger in my garage. I sold my roadster several years ago and didn't realize this was still around. Does anyone know if it has any value and would like to purchase it? thanks

2. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

Compared to the UMC 240 it’s a tank. If I had to price it it would be somewhere close to the basic open evse that also reliably charges at 40A. It’s a solid no frills 40A Charger. I may be wrong but something close to $300-$350 should gain interest.

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

If it is the first generation I have one and can only get 30 amps. And yes it is a tank.

4. X.l.r.8

I should clarify. This one gets 40A
    243036F9-A180-4B98-9445-072B06C3350C.png

I’m not sure about this one

3C08EB5E-6B48-424B-85CA-B64725BE54C1.png

• Like x 1
  5. slcasner

slcasner Active Member

The Roadster Foundry Mobile Connector shown in the photo was designed by Martin Eberhard, one of the founders of Tesla Motors. He made and sold several of them, but they were housed in a plastic junction box rather than the metal case shown in the photo. The design was adaptable to different sockets using pigtails as on the UMC 240. Martin didn't want to be in the business of making these, so he transferred the design to EV Components who made the one shown in the photo. Tesla was not involved in the manufacturing of these charging devices except that in order to get the connector that attaches to the car a buyer would have to deliver the yellow 110V cable provided by Tesla to Martin or later to EV Components so the connector could be harvested to put onto the larger cable for the 240V charging. The yellow cable was returned as one of the pigtails.

• Informative x 2
  6. X.l.r.8

I have to many chargers obviously. Time to sell a few.

• Funny x 1
  7. romeopapa

romeopapa Member

I've love to buy it if you still have it. My MC240 stopped working and has no lights. PM if you still want to sell. Thank you!

8. rlassand

rlassand Member

I still have it. I was told $350 would be a good price. I can let it go for that plus whatever shipping costs are.

9. einhalv

einhalv Member

If it is intact and reasonably priced, I am interested in buying your MC240 roadster cable with connector (with or without the defunct MC240).

10. rlassand

rlassand Member

It is unused so my assumption is its intact. Its $350 plus shipping
    Thanks

11. einhalv

einhalv Member

I am sorry, I tried to reply to "romeopapa" who indicated that he has a nonfuntioning MC240 (and therefore wanted to buy your functioning one). I am looking for a cable with roadster connector.

12. Lancelac

Lancelac 2010 Roadster Sport #690

Looking for a 240 Roadster charger if any of the folks on this thread are selling. Let me know.

13. rlassand

rlassand Member

I have a nos 240 charger asking $350

14. rlassand

rlassand Member

I have another buyer interested. Please let me know asap if you are interested. Ill hold it for another 30 minutes