Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Meeting with the Federal Trade Commission (Request for Comment)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this another RFC? My comment was tagged as 311. I can't believe that only 310 people responded to it if it happened a while ago (or the numbers are randomized.)

The RFC says comments are due by March 2016, so it is still active. If this is indeed a duplicate thread, could the powers that be please move it to the appropriate thread?

Last edited:
What do you think of Tesla Motors direct sales model vs the old dealership model of selling cars? They are meeting with the Federal Trade Commission and have asked the public for their comments as well. Feel free to go here and put in your thoughts about this:
FTC to Host Public Workshop Examining the U.S. Auto Distribution System Workshop Will Explore Competition, State Regulations, and Emerging Trends in the Industry, Project No. P131202
I have lost all faith trust in ftc. In 2012 I filed official complaint about inability to buy my car in Virginia. Result no response at all. In 2013 I filed complaint about them not responding to complaint......no response. I can't help but believe it's a futile effort and only the courts will resolve it

My wife just got 355 today (2/10). We need to do a better job of getting the word out!

This is my first post ever. I saw the first Roadster prototype and met JB and Martin in the summer of 2006. I have been lurking on this site for a Decade. What got me to register tonight, after being tempted to join for the last 10 years?
Tonight, Feb 16, I added to the FTC comments and was only # 360. This is beyond sad. There are more Tesla owners in many zip codes of Arizona, Texas, Michigan, etc. who have not taken 10 minutes to be heard. There are certainly more shareholders.
Our FTC has thoughtfully put up a post workshop page with Agenda, Speakers bios and Slidedecks, Videos, and the simple to use Public Comment form.

Auto Distribution: Current Issues Future Trends | Federal Trade Commission

Lets try to get the count up to 3600 by March 4th

I put my comment in earlier, but perhaps it's time we go to social media. Put it on your fb and twitter accounts ... let's get this party started :).

Bonnie Norman on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 6.23.08 AM.png

open to everybody on earth - great! got #381

What to say as a non US resident?
The motor vehicle distribution via dealerships acts as a road block to new technology, especially alternate fuels. Dealerships shy the investment to train sales personnel and equip their service department with new technology.
While this protects the dealership's profits in the short to near term, it is a severe limitation to what the U.S. car industry could be in the 21st century.
The U.S. must retain the global lead on technology in the car sector. Car manufacturers all over the globe must follow or lose their stake in the U.S. car market - a risk they don't want to run into.

I urge you to encourage change in the vehicle distribution. spurring change to make America great again in this sector.