Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Melbourne Repair Quality (Paint)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

I am wondering if someone is able to calm my nerves here.

I have recently taken delivery of a multi-coat red Model 3 Performance. The drive home was amazing. Hooray. Now that I've got it home in garage lighting I have noticed a few things (bumper alignment and paint chips) that the service center say they will fix for me once lockdowns open up. This is all good, but I am wondering what the repair quality will be like.

I will be taking the car to a place for full body paint correction and PPF (as we did with our other car) and want to know that the paint repair will basically be just like new - I'd hate to pay $100k for a car and it to be an 'acceptable' level of repaired which makes it very obvious that it had defects once wrapped and sealed forever.

Has anyone had these kinds of issues fixed shortly after taking delivery?
How has your experience been with repairs in Melbourne?
Do you have any advice for me for what to say, etc. ?

Thank you for listening - sorry for a mini rant.

I attached the images as attachments to avoid a very long OP.

Attachments

• IMG_1884.JPEG
    IMG_1884.JPEG
    300.7 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1885.JPEG
    IMG_1885.JPEG
    253.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1890.JPEG
    IMG_1890.JPEG
    281.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1900.JPEG
    IMG_1900.JPEG
    330 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1904.JPEG
    IMG_1904.JPEG
    280 KB · Views: 120
Tesla may give you a list of repairers to go to.
One of them will be B&A in Clayton.
Put your mind to rest, these guys will make all of your issues go away!
I had a small blemish just below the charging port and they repainted that panel, dog leg, and sill in multicoat red. Colour match and finish was PERFECT!

Tesla arent as organised as other car companies. A lot of cars have defects, but other companies send them out for repair before delivery, so that ‘new paint’ isnt necessary factory original, and owners will never know. Its also likely that a decent repairer will paint it better than original.

Just found another odd paint patch on the boot lid. Looks like some kind of bad buffing but it doesn’t rub out. Hopefully they’ll take this on too?

When sending messages to log all these issues I feel like I’m bothering the service team… which probably isn’t what you want to be feeling with a car this pricey.

Tesla have moved my service appointment to Oct 18 because of the lockdowns.

The whole experience so far is a bit… I just can’t wait to be driving it properly!

Attachments

• 49D7A6E5-FBBE-464F-9840-81A47115AAA8.jpeg
    49D7A6E5-FBBE-464F-9840-81A47115AAA8.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 111
Just found another odd paint patch on the boot lid. Looks like some kind of bad buffing but it doesn’t rub out. Hopefully they’ll take this on too?

When sending messages to log all these issues I feel like I’m bothering the service team… which probably isn’t what you want to be feeling with a car this pricey.

Tesla have moved my service appointment to Oct 18 because of the lockdowns.

The whole experience so far is a bit… I just can’t wait to be driving it properly!
You shouldn’t feel any guilt. Might be worth taking it to a detailer and asking for a full car correction (polish) along with a report on what they cannot fix. Under the proper lighting the scratching is scarey, but a good detailer can get it out. Typically very bad on drivers side, especially on black and red duco. Harder to see on white cars. If you have an old style fluoro or halogen lamp you’ll see most of it.