Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla memory stick storage issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be an issue or else I may be missing something but my memory stick filled up with sentry videos about a month and a half after I cleared it and when I deleted the files this time around the properties in the drive only showed 8Gb free of the 128gb storage after all files were deleted. Has anyone else had this issue. I've read elsewhere that the Tesla memory stick doest last too long

This may be an issue or else I may be missing something but my memory stick filled up with sentry videos about a month and a half after I cleared it and when I deleted the files this time around the properties in the drive only showed 8Gb free of the 128gb storage after all files were deleted. Has anyone else had this issue. I've read elsewhere that the Tesla memory stick doest last too long
Try a reboot and if no chan ge reformat. There are 2 video's Sentry and Dashcam. It may be only only one was deleted. Just a guess.

Upvote 0

"Format" it, dont pull it out and try to delete from it. See if that changes anything.

Upvote 0
I have formatted mine and it was really quick.
Is that normal? When I do a full format on a 128gb key on my windows computer it takes forever and a quick format is about 30 sec's or so.
The car was less than 2 seconds.
I find that fast for a format and creating the new partitions and folders

Upvote 0
I have formatted mine and it was really quick.
Is that normal? When I do a full format on a 128gb key on my windows computer it takes forever and a quick format is about 30 sec's or so.
The car was less than 2 seconds.
I find that fast for a format and creating the new partitions and folders

I havent looked into it, however its likely just erasing the partition table and not writing anything over the info there, which is why its so fast.

• Informative
Reactions: Randy-12
Upvote 0