TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla might build convenience stores at its Charging Stations

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by ABVA, Sep 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ABVA

ABVA Member

2. kort677

kort677 Banned

It sure did take tesla a long time to come to that conclusion. This could work well in a few place but not so well at many of the current locations

3. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

I've only ever been to 2 Superchargers.

1 in Woodstock, Ontario which has a Wendy's and a (very stereotypically Canadian) Tim Hortons.

The other in Port Huron where they have a great restaurant Freighters next door. I couldn't imagine going to a Supercharger that has nothing, so it's a great idea.

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

It is the kind of thing those Bodega things are made for. Could plop some of those around maybe.

5. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

I'd be happy with a place to dump trash and maybe a vending machine haha.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. fallen888

fallen888 Member.. hehe, I said "member"

Don't they already have most superchargers strategically positioned near rest stops, shopping areas, restaurants? Not sure I see the point to this.

7. kort677

kort677 Banned

there are a handful of chargers that aren't near much of anything and many that are isolated in off hours. that said IMHO tesla would be better off partnering with C-stores rather than building and operating their own shops.

• Like x 2
  8. ABVA

ABVA Member

#8 ABVA, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    You are absolutely right. Following quote from the article explains Tesla's intent and echos your thought:

"Straubel reportedly showed the audience mock-ups of service stop designs, which had begun to resemble traditional convenience stores. Not that Tesla will get into the business itself -- instead, it would seek partners to run them. Straubel noted that the company has already been working with restaurants, and "That can only start scaling up."

and from another article:

"Partnering with restaurants and a convenience-store chain could open up a new revenue stream for the California-based company, while simultaneously making Supercharger stations a compelling aspect of the Tesla experience, rather than an unfortunate chore that drivers have to suffer through."

IMHO It is all about improving our experience.

9. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

If you are over 70 and male a porta potty would be a godsend, especially after closing. I always carry a jar or johnny with me.

• Informative x 1
  10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I've been to a bunch of Superchargers where it was a long walk to crappy food/services. It could be a great idea, if well implemented.

• Like x 1